Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Interested in a group buy?

• Total voters
Just gauging interest for now. Saw all these recent threads about a dash cam group buy, so I thought there were also other essentials we could get at a discount.

My other car is a Pacifica Hybrid, so using a Tesla charger exclusively didn't make sense. Despite the local incentives and rebates, I also didn't want to deal with a hardwired charging station. Instead I just installed a 240V 50A 14-50 outlet.

This way I can use my UMC and my other charger from Jekayla. It's offered on Amazon, and they also have their own website. I took a hard look at Clipper Creek, but Jekayla's reviews were good and it was a better value.

I opted for the 40A charger since it was their highest available in amperage. I haven't tried, but hopefully I won't see much loss in charging speed compared to my UMC.

5_63c51157-ca8a-48dd-a437-5b4515d271de_compact.jpg

SAE J1772 240V 40A Portable Smart EV Charger with NEMA 14-50 Plug

So now at home I can just keep the Jekayla charger up and running with the Tesla J1772 adapter while leaving the UMC in the Tesla in case of emergency.

They have a Black Friday offer with a 20% coupon if you sign up/subscribe. But if you want a group buy done, just let me know and I'll see if I can get a deal for the rest of you.

Upvote 0

drewg123

Jul 14, 2017
Richmond VA
The J1772 adapter is $95 from the Tesla store. Are you planning to get another one, so you don't forget & leave it at home? Too bad we can't get a group buy for those too :). Then again, for the $100 for the adapter plus the $440 for the charger, you're at basically the same price as a HPWC. I've heard there are adapters from HPWC to J1772..

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC