Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They sent me a photo of the wires. Looks like it replaces the existing wiring harness we have now. Means undoing all the wiring in place now I think which is going to be a bit of a pain I think but we’ll see what happens when it arrives.

Agreed. Looks like a totally new/different harness....meaning all the old wiring/harness has to be ripped out and replaced with the new. Let us know what the difference in wiring is. Curious as to what the changes are to allow on screen close. I would have thought that would have been a software change via the card but apparently it takes a wiring/harness change as well.

Ski

No tracking number yet Here
Just my order number and PayPal deduction.

I’ve ordered trunk in 2019 and two months later a frunk and have had the same results so I’m not hopeful.

if nothing shows in 30 days they will get a PayPal chargeback

Went ahead and ordered the frunk upgrade kit with the kick sensor. Will be neat to use the kick sensor to open, and be able to close it from the screen when necessary. I just hope it doesn't bypass the latch sensor. Neither myself nor Autopilot can see through a hood that opens on the freeway.

Reactions: notrhj
Not sure where you saw that. I went to the upgrade link and it still offers the frunk foot sensor.

Looks like they removed the frunk foot sensor option from their main ordering page but keep the option in the upgrade page. Wonder why they did that.

order2.png

I am also interested in the frunk upgrade kit but I need to know how it works first.
If it cycles between open and close state like their V3 trunk kit, then I might not get it.

Looks like they removed the frunk foot sensor option from their main ordering page but keep the option in the upgrade page. Wonder why they did that.

View attachment 537653

I am also interested in the frunk upgrade kit but I need to know how it works first.
If it cycles between open and close state like their V3 trunk kit, then I might not get it.
Based on the TeslaOffer video.... as soon as the frunk is open it pretends it is closed so the button works. Not sure if I'll install the upgrade.

Maybe the install is the same as the one for the frunk. Hope the instructions come out before mine arrives or I'll just JerryRig the install.

What's wrong with the frunk pretending it's closed? It's kinda obvious when it's open. Not gonna try to drive. Isn't that the same trick they do to get the trunk to respond to the display's button?

Maybe the install is the same as the one for the frunk. Hope the instructions come out before mine arrives or I'll just JerryRig the install.

What's wrong with the frunk pretending it's closed? It's kinda obvious when it's open. Not gonna try to drive. Isn't that the same trick they do to get the trunk to respond to the display's button?
In my mind, the issue with the frunk pretending to be closed is what if you hit the button, it tries to close and fails, but you don't notice. Next thing you know you're driving down the road and your frunk pops up.
To be honest: that could be totally mitigated. If the controller keeps track of open/close status it's possible they programmed it such that it only inserts the "frunk closed" signal when the controller expects the frunk to be open. And if they don't continually send the frunk closed signal (i.e. sent it for X period, don't send for X period, and repeat) then the car can still warn you if you try to drive with the frunk open.

So for $100 and change
C5156991-4CDC-49AE-8DDD-A2A6ECA9859B.jpeg
The kit arrived DHL this AM
  1. Wire harness black
  2. Foot sensor with screws
  3. Relay box
  4. Double sided tape and wire ties
  5. Wire harness from foot switch to relay box
  6. Trans flash memory card
  7. Rubber bladder
No Instructions whatsoever
No replacement latch motor assemblies
No replacement controller

Too be continued

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
So for $100 and change View attachment 539815 The kit arrived DHL this AM
  1. Wire harness black
  2. Foot sensor with screws
  3. Relay box
  4. Double sided tape and wire ties
  5. Wire harness from foot switch to relay box
  6. Trans flash memory card
  7. Rubber bladder
No Instructions whatsoever
No replacement latch motor assemblies
No replacement controller

Too be continued
Doh! You beat me! Just got mine and photographed it - was headed here to upload and found you scooped me!

And then I found out they didn't include the memory card. Could you upload the contents somehow for me?