Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK
After placing my order for the new V3 Frunk setup with kick-sensor I was contacted saying that all I needed to pay for was cables and a card, not the new control box, so they are refunding me $14 (out of the $59 I paid). This should be interesting.
Well, that took forever. I have been staring at the wires they sent me for almost 3 months, finally got around to doing the upgrade to V3. It was pretty simple, unplug the old harness and then plug in the new harness in its place and then insert the SD card they sent me and watch the light blink. After that remove the card. Lastly, cover the control box in the new waterproof cover and zip tie everything back down. EzPz. I love that the closing is so much quieter than before, now it sounds like a Tesla should sound.

Sadly, after the hood closes and 15 seconds pass, the hood opens again w/o my doing anything. It does it every time. Nothing I can do to prevent it from being open other than pulling the fuse and closing it manually. I cannot drive with the hood ajar, but I fear if I manually press it into the locked position it will not be able to be reopened w/o the Hansshow having power.

I used their contact page to ask for help, I emailed the lady who emailed me the update info, and I installed the WhatsApp? software on my phone and tried to contact their after-purchase support line. I sent them a WhatsApp chat message but no reply. Perhaps they don't have 24-hour support.

Anyone else seen this? Are there troubleshooting steps?

Screenshot 2020-07-13 14.31.21.png

Reactions: slade037
That's gotta be it, thanks. I probably zip tied in the wrong places too. The update came without any instructions and I don't know where the original ones are as we are doing construction and my house is in limbo.

A large part of why I waited all this time. Now I can install the foot sensor

• Funny
Reactions: lw03tor
Yes, thanks, I then installed the foot sensor and that went pretty flawlessly. When I find my crimp tool I may take it apart again and add a ring connector for ground and a better connector for power than shoving the bare wire into the fuse connector.

Yes, thanks, I then installed the foot sensor and that went pretty flawlessly. When I find my crimp tool I may take it apart again and add a ring connector for ground and a better connector for power than shoving the bare wire into the fuse connector.
Oh, you thought that was a cruddy solution as well? Technically it's fused. I just think it's a horrible way to provide power. I did add a ring connector for ground when I installed it.