Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you everyone for your super interest with this group purchase. So far, I got 10+ orders, so this group buy will go through.

I have question for this group buy. If we hit 20+ orders, I can ask for further discount (perhaps $25 each trunk/frunk). On the other hand, I don't want everyone to wait for too long. I plan to close the group purchase at the end of this Friday, so we can order this Saturday. Or, do you want to give an extra day to Sunday for getting more orders and hopefully get over 20+ orders?

Good luck getting a bigger discount. Can you please update us when you get updated prices? I’d like to get in if the price goes lower.

Any idea of cost to install? Not confident I could do this myself...

I'm not 100% sure, and it also depends on the installing shop. My installer quotes me the price for $200 for trunk, and it would take him about 3-4 hours for 1-2 people work on this at a time. It is highly depended on locations and the installer shops though.

Hmm....I think OP should show his contact this website!

For a big group purchase, I don't want to risk everyone's money for a company in Alibaba though. It's like you ask everyone to purchase from a seller on eBay with no US-based firm and no warranty. If there is anything happens, who will take responsible for that? Who are we going to sue? How can we get our money back? What if the items are lost during transits, what would we do? Also, I'm not sure about the quality of the parts since there is no regulation there. Last but not least, if someone wants to return the parts, that's impossible as the cost of shipping is a nightmare to ship back to China.

I think it is more suitable for individual to purchase through Alibaba than a group purchase because it depends on how much risk level a person are willing to take.

Last edited:
I am interested in the frunk & trunk. I live in the Bay Area (San Jose,CA). Anyone know any installers here?

I think the company does have a certified installer shop in SF. However, I don't know about the price. The instructions look pretty doable (I read through and can easily do it by myself in about 3-4 hours). Therefore, I think most shops familiar with Model 3 can do it easily, especially in SF with lots of Tesla there.

@OP — any chance of a Trunk option WITHOUT the Foot Sensor for $400? If yes, I’m in.

I can ask them for that, but probably not at $400 though (they need to protect their local distributors since we're getting the lowest price compared to anyone in the US). Could you pm me your name and email in case I need to communicate with you?

Yes, and I don’t think in the YouTube video if i1Tesla showed he could open and close the trunk with the button on the trunk itself?

Looks like they do have a physical button. The kits also come with a physical button if you want to install it for manually clicking the button to close the trunk (For me, it's cooler and more badass to kick the foot sensor, and I will make sure there is someone around to watch me doing that haha).

Tesla model 3 automatic frunk and trunk

OP can you ask them if frunk will close with touchscreen

From the instruction manual, it looks like the frunk functions exactly like the trunk. So, if there is a signal to trick the system that the trunk is close, so you can close the trunk, there is no reason they wouldn't do that for the frunk to have the ability to open/close on the screen.

Anyway, I just sent a message to the company to ask, but looks like they're off for the day now. Perhaps I will get a confirmed message tomorrow and will let you know.

Reactions: Skione65