Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A9003494-906A-4DBB-9EEF-4B9A55CE9CBE.png

Then the reply from William

C8428062-AB92-49C5-9075-AB38E8731F59.png

Weird, because those two pages are identical, except for the cheaper one says "#SUPERSEPTEMBER" so maybe that's the end of month sale price? They're both for the trunk as far as I can tell.

Right after I asked them the difference, they had updated their page and told me the cheaper one for the trunk and the other for the frunk
Weird, because those two pages are identical, except for the cheaper one says "#SUPERSEPTEMBER" so maybe that's the end of month sale price? They're both for the trunk as far as I can tell.

I have no idea, either. From the image above, it looks like the cheaper one is the frunk, not the trunk. However, if they are running a promotion like that, apparently, I can have a pretty good reason to ask for a much deeper discount for orders having the trunk + frunk combo.
From the original posts, a week ago, we've seen the frunk as a more expensive option than the trunk.

Hansshow had the frunk at $400, $360 for 20 or more; of course now that same link shows $500, and according to another poster the OEM changed the pricing in order not to hurt all the suppliers selling the product. There are 92 of them now.

Back then, when I was trying to figure out if Hansshow was the OEM, I looked at some of their other products, and I vaguely recall the trunk lift was less than the frunk. I'll guess and say $300. If you look at their other products, they use a similar kit for other car trunk lifts, and they're $300. They make these for over 100 other car models.

I still think they're showing a $500 price to protect their retailers, but that the "special price" is actually $300 for the trunk option, without foot sensor, which is another $50.

• Informative
Reactions: cypho
I think the best individual price we've seen in the last week from Hansshow has been $400 frunk and $300 trunk, no add-ons. Shipping is extra but seems to be about $32 for each. I think a group buy of 20 sets or more should be 10% off according to the Alibaba website.

Hi everyone,

I found this video from i1Tesla about the power liftgate for trunk and frunk for Model 3.

I'm aware of the Teslaoffer product. However, this product seems to be much better in price, simpler installation, features (can open/close from the screen besides app and fob), and does NOT require to splice the cord to tap the cable into, which is a reversible process if anyone makes mistake during installation.

I am able to contact with the company to set up a group buy. Please leave your reply or pm me your name and email, and city + state (not full address, just for them to look for a recommended installer shop close to you if possible).

They agree to ship the product separately as well to each buyer for free, so it is helpful to get cheaper price without double shipping. As long as we reach 10 orders and above, they will open this group buy one date only for our group purchase using a specific group code that expires within 24 hours. I will send you the instruction and the date they open the group buy for us once we reach enough orders. That's why I need your email to confirm the number of orders.

Discount for group buy:

Power Trunk + Foot Sensor
Original price: $550
Group price: $450

Tesla model 3 automatic frunk and trunk

Power Frunk
Original price: $500
Group price: $425

Power Trunk + Frunk + Foot Sensor
Original price: $1050
Group price: $850

Please feel free to contact me for any question. I am also a Model 3 owner, and would like to buy this as a group for better discount. I am not affiliated with this company by any mean.

Cross posted with Model 3 Owners Club.

Have you investigated to see what you are losing with this unit?

are you ok with it?

Hi everyone,

I got the answers from the company, related to the Alibaba price difference and why Tesla kits are more expensive than others.

Questions about the Power Liftgate.PNG

Response from Hansshow.PNG

Attachments

• Questions about the Power Liftgate.PNG
    Questions about the Power Liftgate.PNG
    285.1 KB · Views: 43
This is confusing. It appears from the forum posts that the same product is/was offered on Alibaba for $300 +/- for the trunk kit, but if you buy it directly from them, it is closer to $450 with free shipping? Also I haven’t seen anything that clarifies pricing for the installation or if it is really a DIY install. Anybody have thoughts on the foot sensor????

Wow..

you guys are going to plow through with a group buy?

Its not all about the cost... Are you aware of the feature(s) you will be losing with this version of the powered trunk?
What features would be lost with this version of the powered trunk? The only thing I’ve seen via the video is that the app can’t tell if the trunk is open or not. Am I missing something?

Wow..

you guys are going to plow through with a group buy?

Its not all about the cost... Are you aware of the feature(s) you will be losing with this version of the powered trunk?

Since the process does not require splicing the CAN cable to tap the cord, everything is reversible. Even in the case that I sold my Model 3, I can transfer it to other Model 3. There are also a safety switch to turn off everything and makes the car back to original with manual open, so I don't think there is any risk. That's why I like this version. :)

I as well am a bit lost. Lots of cross conversation which is good to have to help sift informational options.

So is there basicly 2 types or manufacturers to choose from?

If you check my post #66, just a few messages above your comment, it explains the price confusing. If you try to order from Alibaba by yourself, you can confirm that your order will be cancelled or not.

I have the foot sensor answer from the company. They said that the foot sensor goes with the manual trunk from Tesla. At speed over 10mph, the trunk is locked and can't be opened manually by any mean, except the emergency switch inside the trunk (in case of kidnapping). Below 10mph, I still can manually click the button to open the trunk. I just tested it with my car yesterday. However, I can't test at higher speeds than 10mph because it's too dangerous for me to run with the car and open the trunk.

Reactions: Cultgti
Since the process does not require splicing the CAN cable to tap the cord, everything is reversible. Even in the case that I sold my Model 3, I can transfer it to other Model 3. There are also a safety switch to turn off everything and makes the car back to original with manual open, so I don't think there is any risk. That's why I like this version. :)

To each his own I suppose.

I NEED to see the status of my trunk and frunk remotely. I would be in a panic sometimes not knowing if my trunk or frunk is open. I use the app as my remote monitoring / alarm system.

Taping 2 wires ( with positap ) is worth it to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cintoman
@Garlan Garner — thanks for your insights. I see you are in the Chicago area as well — do you have a power trunk installed? If yes, did you install it yourself or have a professional handle? I’d like to have one installed but don’t feel confident in doing the work myself so if you have any guidance on local/regional installers I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.