Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate all that the OP did, but I really wanted the frunk with foot sensor. Since it's not an option, I'll have to pass. That's the one that would be the most useful to me since there's no mechanical way to open the frunk right now. Using a foot would be great.

Hi everyone,

Since a few a few people did not receive the message that I sent out yesterday, I was able to ask the company to extend the coupons for the next 24 hours. Therefore, we still have time until 11:59 PM on Sunday (09/22/2019, PDT, GMT-7:00). After this time, there will be no more extension. Thus, I hope everyone would be able to make it. For anyone who is new, would you please check your email carefully to make sure I am not sending the message to the wrong email? It is even better at this point to directly send a message to my personal email [email protected], so I can have your correct email. Thank you so much; everyone is awesome!!!

Hi everyone,

Since a few a few people did not receive the message that I sent out yesterday, I was able to ask the company to extend the coupons for the next 24 hours. Therefore, we still have time until 11:59 PM on Sunday (09/22/2019, PDT, GMT-7:00). After this time, there will be no more extension. Thus, I hope everyone would be able to make it. For anyone who is new, would you please check your email carefully to make sure I am not sending the message to the wrong email? It is even better at this point to directly send a message to my personal email [email protected], so I can have your correct email. Thank you so much; everyone is awesome!!!

Ordered trunk/foot sensor last night.

Also, your email ended up on my spam folder, just a FYI for those people who did not receive the email

Reactions: OmegaZ
Hi everyone,

Sorry for my late response. I was at work all day and got back home later than normal. Here is my update for our group purchase.

I got 31 people registered, and there were 24 orders in total at the end. The amount of orders is so good that the company decided to send everyone the second generation of the frunk as a thankful reward, which provide smoother/quieter motions for opening/closing the frunk. In addition, to not let everyone waiting for so long, the company will ship all our orders in this group purchase through air shipping method. It will take 4-5 days for manufacturing all our orders, and 5-6 days for shipping. In general, it will take about 9-10 business days to receive our kit, which also leave me more room to help everyone look for installers in your area as well.

For anyone who can DIY, could you message me? I can CC all people close to your area, and perhaps we can do a group installation together. If it does go well, I can recommend you as a certified installer to the company, so they can put your info in their website for other future buyers to contact you for installation (you create your own price).

If you missed the group purchase this time, please send your info to my personal email [email protected]. If I get more than 10 orders, I will convince the company to offer this chance again (hopefully). However, I cannot guarantee to get the exact price, but at least it will be very close and still better than any available discount at the moment, depended on how many orders I received.

Again, thank you so much for making this happen. I'm so glad that we get this much support. I will upload a video of my car with this kit for any information that has not been covered in i1Tesla video (frunk + foot sensor).

Reactions: KenC and toishome
I'm pretty sure you don't mean they are sending all of us a free frunk kit, LOL! Do you mean those who got the frunk will get a second generation kit, or is it a second generation of trunk too?

Either way, thanks for putting together the group purchase! I'm looking forward to the install.

• Funny
Reactions: OmegaZ
I'm pretty sure you don't mean they are sending all of us a free frunk kit, LOL! Do you mean those who got the frunk will get a second generation kit, or is it a second generation of trunk too?

Either way, thanks for putting together the group purchase! I'm looking forward to the install.

LOL they will send an updated version of the frunk kit for whom purchased the frunk. They said the struts for the trunk are heavier and more expensive to manufacture, so it's likely already at a good state.

Hey, I want a free frunk as well. That would be awesome if they actually do that, but the company could go broke right afterwards lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: woodisgood
Thanks for the update and that’s great news about the second gen hardware and air shipping! Do you know if they will be sending out tracking numbers directly?

I asked them as well when I ordered it. They said that as soon as the kit is ready and the shipping label is generated, they will send the tracking number immediately through email. Hope we will get it soon. I'm so excited to have it install in my car, and show off in the parking lot and offline meetings :D.