Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Does anybody know of a competent installer in the Denver or general Colorado area for the trunk kit? Been eyeing this (and the Teslaoffer version) since I booked my Model 3 (I now have it :), but am not comfortable doing an install on my own.

Thanks.

302C6E8F-FA2C-402C-8479-8A6D851DFCA3.jpeg

I received shipping info today.

Emailed them since I didn't get any tracking yet, they responded letting me know shipping will be 10 days. No detail on if they shipped the thing though!

I am part of the group buy and ordered a trunk kit with foot sensor on 9/22. I had not received any updates yet so I contacted them via WhatsApp. They replied the same day that they had a lot of orders so hadn't got to mine yet. The guy promised they would ship mine tomorrow, which would be Monday for them. They did not provide any tracking of info though.

Hi everyone,

I apologize for not getting back earlier. I was out of country for my business trip, and was pretty busy to get back here. Here is my update.

I just talked to most people from the group buy, and it seems that half of them got their orders, based on how early they ordered after the group buy. I also talked to the sale executive person, and he said that the company had recently been through a 7-day National Golden Week Holiday in China (Oct 1 - Oct 7), in which all the production process had to be on hold until after 10/07/19. They are trying their best now to get the kits to ship to you as soon as possible (the kits have over 100 parts to manufacture, and they are using several manufacturing factories to speed up the production). It only took 2 days for me to receive the kits right after I received the tracking number through DHL/UPS Air service. I have it installed in my car now, and it worked exactly (even better) than what I expected. I shot some clips yesterday, and will post it on the forum soon. So, please be patient. They will not forget you. I'm always here urging them every day to make sure I'm not missing anyone. :)

Haven’t heard anything but haven’t contacted them yet.

Seems like a squeaky wheel situation. If you patiently wait will they keep putting off shipping your order?

That's what I'm wondering as well. I'm pushing them right now every day. I copied some of the complaints about PayPal disputes in this conversation. I told them if they are not putting the priority as high as possible, people will have a very bad experience and their company would have more business furthermore. Don't worry. I'm terrifying them as much as we do.

Also, China business and production rate are not on par with the US standard that we are already familiar with. I urge them to send messages to everyone that they have not shipped their orders yet. To be honest, they are almost instantly responsive to every message I sent. I want them to have at least some level of communication like that for everyone, or at least it's not that hard to send a message to apologize for the late shipment. Hopefully, they will act as soon as I sent them our concerns.

Hi everyone,

I just got a reply from them. They said that they just shipped a lot of orders yesterday (today in our timezone). Looks like a lot of us will get the products in the next few days.

(I erased the order number partially to maintain private information. You can check your order numbers here with the 6-7 last digits).

72736605_2468186506611370_3271218698051911680_n.png

• Informative
Reactions: notrhj
Oh, just found out that the image I posted above was part of the whole list. They shipped every order today. Therefore, you should receive the kits this upcoming week. I still like them to send DHL Air Tracking Number than having me to contact to give the tracking number to each individual. :(