Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group buy for the 4k Blackvue Dashcam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please add me to the list also! What's the best option to setup 4 channels so you also have video of the sides?
Answer to your question is: You will need two each two-channel dashcams. You probably would want to install one on the front windshield and side quarter window. Then the other on the back window and other side window. That's what I did.

The buy may be over. Unless he extended it without informing us on TMC, last day was Monday.
I'd bet there will be another. But don't know when.

If you're interested instead of typing "interested" send me an Email [email protected] I can continue to take orders BUT you wont see it until June at this point. They already sold out of the second production that's shipping on May 8th so as long as you're cool with waiting until then to take delivery I will continue to take orders. Email or message me with your first name, last name, whether you want 1 or 2 CH and what size card. I'll send you a custom shopping cart link to checkout with. Any additional questions also send me an Email and I will response as fast as I can. Keep in mind I'm east coast so the west coast people may not get an answer right away.

I apologize for not posting about this sooner I lost track of how far this thread had gone in a couple days!

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
Answer to your question is: You will need two each two-channel dashcams. You probably would want to install one on the front windshield and side quarter window. Then the other on the back window and other side window. That's what I did.

The buy may be over. Unless he extended it without informing us on TMC, last day was Monday.
I'd bet there will be another. But don't know when.

We just did one of these installs on a Model X.

My recommendation would be Front and LF Door so if you're at a traffic stop you can turn it on manually to record the traffic stop. Then Rear and RF Door for the other one. It's a bit of a pain to install and Blackvue tries to make you pay to have two camera's on the same account so you either need to make two accounts or pay them to have 2 on one account.

I have given up on the word "soon" in Tesla a long time ago!

Yea time is relative. In Tesla’s universe it’s always longer than you’d like. You’re welcome to message me about the group buy or hold out and wait but I think you’ll find it’ll be quite a while where there are other priorities for the company than this feature right now.

Would like to upgrade my camera and join the group buy providing Tesla does not offer us an over the air update any time soon.

Tesla is working on a dashcam feature using its Autopilot cameras

Tesla is working on a dashcam feature using its Autopilot cameras

Fred Lambert
- Aug. 30th 2017 12:39 pm ET
@FredericLambert

So what if you put the dash cam in this month and next month they enable the AP for recording. So what? Dashcams are security. You can't have too much security.

Reactions: EVTuning
I think few people have thought about what it would take for Tesla to enable the AP camera to dashcam. Aside from making short files so they are portable, where are is it going to be stored? People are going to have to add USB Flash drives, so Tesla can write to them. And the car is currently using USB for reading music. See a whole new selection and control process on the touchscreen.

If Tesla does the front camera, people are going to complain that they want the rear two. Now you have doubled the storage requirement for the same length of time. If Tesla does both the front and rear, people are going to complain that they want the sides too. See where this is going?

Right now, we have the power ourselves to add recording by adding our own dashcams and turn it on or off whenever.

Received my DR900S-2CH today. Yep, Sunday - don't know how he did that. It was an easy swap since the mounts, power and rear camera cable are all the same. Easy. Up and running in 5 minutes !

(Anyone interested in a 1 year old DR650S-2CH at a good price?) PM me.

Reactions: BigD0g
Glad that they are starting to show up. All I can smell in my car is packaging tape adhesive !! Here are some pictures from the shipping party we had to get them all out the door the same day they arrived!

Anyone still interested that didn’t get in on the first round PM me for details on getting your DR900S.

Attachments

• 2F81A77D-5653-4B28-9766-F9F2D780C165.jpeg
    2F81A77D-5653-4B28-9766-F9F2D780C165.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 6F46D99A-711F-4346-A87C-F3E401193120.jpeg
    6F46D99A-711F-4346-A87C-F3E401193120.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 77
  • AD01D048-AAFD-488D-A3E9-53146DD4BDB2.jpeg
    AD01D048-AAFD-488D-A3E9-53146DD4BDB2.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 72
  • ED5CBBDA-FF54-4310-A879-D3786B5F0A2A.jpeg
    ED5CBBDA-FF54-4310-A879-D3786B5F0A2A.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Love
Reactions: Akikiki and BigD0g
Folks, - every one installing your DR900 !! Don't forget, Blackvue puts your cam's unique password on the body of the main camera. Also capture the serial number. You can see it after you remove the mount. Take a picture or scan it. The password is NOT in the booklet. Write it down for your next tat so you don't need to pull it out of the car just to connect to it. (DR750 is the same way.)

• Informative
Reactions: BigD0g