Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group buy for Xpel ultimate from DCC story anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm due to receive my model S around May/June time. I called up DCC story about the Xpel Ultimate paint protection film and they said they charge 42k. They said they would give us discount if a number of us together committed to orders together.

Anybody else interested in a group buy? Has anybody done this before and how much was it?

Yeh I found another place recommended by a friend for 30k for clear protective film and around 20k for a wrap. I think I might just go for a Matt grey or Matt black wrap. Not worth 30-40k for protective film. Probably won't cost a fraction to repaint any scratches if no wrap or no film on the other hand.

My experience with paint protection film: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/61179-Impact-test-of-Oracal-paint-protection-film

I bought a kit online from the US for Xpel Ultimate application on my motorcycle. Accidentally dropped it when I slipped on the centerstand after a wash and the film protected all the paint work, not a scratch underneath.
940955_10156525614130045_7683418737805184699_n.jpg

Can you send me the link for where you got Xpel ultimate online? Was it difficult to do it yourself and do you need to buy special tools?

I got it here: TheTankSlapper.biz - The Product

Email them about the kit for Tesla.

For my bike it was easy because the pieces are small. All you need is a spray bottle, a plastic scraper (got mine from a 5 metal store in HK), a relatively dust free environment, ans patience.

The main reason I didn't do it myself on the Tesla was because the panels are larger like the hood and think would be best done by 2 people. And their kits are for main impact areas where as the other place I got mine done was wrapping the entire car including the side doors against inconsiderate donkeys in parking lots.

I don't want to offend the guys who run the wrap stores in HK; I would say that the hassles of installing the film yourself may not be worth the money they charge as one also risks messing up the edges. If you want perfection and money is not an issue I would go with the stores. For me, I never expected a show car, just to protect the paint work from rocks and opening doors

garethmchau, I had Xpel installed on my 1st Tesla back in 2014 and it has been looking great still. I don't need to worry about how the maid wash the car (if the washing mitt is dirty or accidentally dropped on the ground....) as soon as the sun bake it for more than 10 - 15 minutes any scratches will be gone, it really is like magic. Plus no need to clay/polish/wax anymore. I paid 37k for complete xpel on my P85+, not sure what the price is now. Let me find out....I'm thinking in getting it for my 2nd Tesla. Will keep you posted!

Last edited:
Thanks Sunny for the info can you pm me the contact? However I'm thinking about a vinyl wrap now - maybe matt dark grey or brushed black. Wrap is only 20k and lasts longer?

garethmchau, I had Xpel installed on my 1st Tesla back in 2014 and it has been looking great still. I don't need to worry about how the maid wash the car (if the washing mitt is dirty or accidentally dropped on the ground....) as soon as the sun bake it for more than 10 - 15 minutes any scratches will be gone, it really is like magic. Plus no need to clay/polish/wax anymore. I paid 37k for complete xpel on my P85+, not sure what the price is now. Let me find out....I'm thinking in getting it for my 2nd Tesla. Will keep you posted!

garethmchau, I got a price discount of 3000 HKD off of 42,000 as a return customer from DCC for complete Xpel that includes rim coating. The same price can be offered to group buy with at least 10 vehicles. Anyone interested?

Note: Wrapping vs. Xpel is 2 different thing, you will not get the protection from wrapping.

I know it's off topic, but would one of the wrapping places be able to wrap a boat?? Mine is looking a bit old and tired and I would love to give a refresh...

Any details of wrapping places would be very welcome so I can try to contact them myself.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys. Planning to wrap my car as well. I think dcc offers a very high quality PPF wrapping but with a premium cost. I get a quote from a place called Wrappro and they offer me full xpel ultimate for around 27k. anyone know how's the quality of work for this place? Thank you.

Hi guys. Planning to wrap my car as well. I think dcc offers a very high quality PPF wrapping but with a premium cost. I get a quote from a place called Wrappro and they offer me full xpel ultimate for around 27k. anyone know how's the quality of work for this place? Thank you.
Is this wrappro on texaco road in Tsuen Wan?
Avoid them. They did a horrible job on my car. Even the bonnet, a large flat area, has lift marks and stretch marks and bubbles. (This was their second attempt after I complained the first time about the quality of the job. They had the nerve to tell me it was normal until I specifically told them I know how those lines are made and stop lying to me)
Every panel has horrible edges that can trap dirt and other stuff. A pro job done overseas would wrap the edge of the film around the sides of the panel.
The only good thing about the job done on my car is that I did not do a full car wrap.

If you don't believe me, you are welcome to come have a look at my car.

AVOID WRAPPRO.

Other shitty behaviour from them, I made a second appointment with them so they could fix their first effort. I had to take a day of annual leave so I could do this.
I called them just as I was about to arrive at their shop, to confirm they were open. They told me that they were overbooked and told me to come back on another day, or leave my car there for a few days!
So in the end I had to take a second day of annual leave to fix this.

Is this wrappro on texaco road in Tsuen Wan?
Avoid them. They did a horrible job on my car. Even the bonnet, a large flat area, has lift marks and stretch marks and bubbles. (This was their second attempt after I complained the first time about the quality of the job. They had the nerve to tell me it was normal until I specifically told them I know how those lines are made and stop lying to me)
Every panel has horrible edges that can trap dirt and other stuff. A pro job done overseas would wrap the edge of the film around the sides of the panel.
The only good thing about the job done on my car is that I did not do a full car wrap.

If you don't believe me, you are welcome to come have a look at my car.

AVOID WRAPPRO.

Other shitty behaviour from them, I made a second appointment with them so they could fix their first effort. I had to take a day of annual leave so I could do this.
I called them just as I was about to arrive at their shop, to confirm they were open. They told me that they were overbooked and told me to come back on another day, or leave my car there for a few days!
So in the end I had to take a second day of annual leave to fix this.

Thanks so much for your advice. Will look for another place.