Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered July 19th, received shipping notification Aug 1, and just received this message from PayPal:
"SST Online, LLC has cancelled the shipping label for the reason below:

Postage Destroyed

Your package will no longer be shipped using PayPal Shippingwith U.S. Postal Service."

I have never seen this before. Will I get a new tracking number, refund, or should I start filing a return with PayPal?

Not a huge transaction, not in a rush, but some communication from the vendor would go a long way.

Reactions: CharleyBC
I ordered July 19th, received shipping notification Aug 1, and just received this message from PayPal:
"SST Online, LLC has cancelled the shipping label for the reason below:

Postage Destroyed

Your package will no longer be shipped using PayPal Shippingwith U.S. Postal Service."
I ordered the 19th as well and just received the exact same message. Clicking on the link in the email to view the transaction showed this as part of the status:

August 1, 2019, Sent by USPS

I'd rather have the flaps than a refund! Hoping things get resolved soon...

Same message received. After Mike assured me it was shipped already with that tracking number.

This guy running out of excuses. I don’t think he’s trying to scam anyone but he certainly isn’t being very forthcoming with the details and he’s already given me two misrepresentations of events. “Should ship this week” turned out to be not the case, and “already shipped” turned out to be bogus as well since the tracking he provided was just cancelled 2 days after he claimed it was already shipped.

I’m done with this guy.

Paypal denied my refund request because even after I requested a refund numerous times AND opened the Paypal case he shipped the product anyway. Now he emails me "received your refund request but we already shipped the item, you can ship it back to us". Yeh right just ignored my repeated requests and shipped anyway so now Im screwed out the postage and Im sure the guy will never refund.

Just got a reply from Mike about the situation:

Hi William,

We wanted to include the newer style retainer clips in current batch getting ready for shipment and had to cancel the pre-dated labels since the clips won't be here until tomorrow. You will get a new tracking number shortly.

Thanks.

Michael Botsaris

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Just got a reply from Mike about the situation:

Hi William,

We wanted to include the newer style retainer clips in current batch getting ready for shipment and had to cancel the pre-dated labels since the clips won't be here until tomorrow. You will get a new tracking number shortly.

Thanks.

Michael Botsaris

So this is another “wait a day”... eh... glad I got mine before the rush I guess :-/

I'm just saying they are making more work for themselves. You have labels already made for all your order. You are already backed up. Let's take the time and cancel all the shipping labels so we can go spend more time and make new ones. Does that make any sense? I'm not saying they are here to scam anyone. Just bad business decisions. No communication. They should of took the time to send out emails to the customer about the delays rather than canceling shipping labels which put a concern for their clients. Some people are good at making things but terrible at running a business and vice versa.

I'm sure most of us are okay with with delay but silence from the seller is NOT golden in this situation. Worst part is we are getting updates from random buyers rather than the seller himself. Direct communication and not from word of mouth would diffuse the tension that is being created.

I'm just saying they are making more work for themselves. You have labels already made for all your order. You are already backed up. Let's take the time and cancel all the shipping labels so we can go spend more time and make new ones. Does that make any sense? I'm not saying they are here to scam anyone. Just bad business decisions. No communication. They should of took the time to send out emails to the customer about the delays rather than canceling shipping labels which put a concern for their clients. Some people are good at making things but terrible at running a business and vice versa.

Sure, but maybe this is their first rodeo and they're learning as they go? But I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point and let them learn as they go. Yes, I agree that communication could have been better, but what goes on behind the scenes in terms of re-printing or cancelling labels etc etc and having to redo them is really not my business.