Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received mine a few weeks ago and installed them a few days later. Install is straightforward but noticed driver side rear flap is not sticking anymore with the double sided tape. Tape is still stuck to the fender but unstuck from the flap. Should be an easy fix. Seems like the group buy is finally picking up steam. Guess he wasn't prepared for the "mass" orders. I'm still salty about the removal of free shipping after my order was placed though. If free shipping was included during the group buy setup, I think it's only fair to honor it to those who already placed orders in. At the price I paid, there was no difference compared to ordering through Amazon.

You need tape with the install?

Received mine a few weeks ago and installed them a few days later. Install is straightforward but noticed driver side rear flap is not sticking anymore with the double sided tape. Tape is still stuck to the fender but unstuck from the flap. Should be an easy fix.......

Same here - just on one of the rears, although I question how long the tape will hold up on the others. I have some of the super-strong 3m body tape, so I will fix the one and see how the others hold up

Okay. I gate Wattney a badly needed bath, and then installed the flaps! It took me about 35 minutes. The hardest part was peeling the red backing off the 3M sticky tape—hellish to get a free corner enough to grab and peel. Tip: use a razor blade.

Anyway, here are Wattney’s new mud flaps or splash guards or whatever we’re supposed to call them:
65CD339D-AAF2-44AC-ACEC-97FFB214D13B.jpeg
BD66F0EC-41BB-4C9A-8305-C786E6437B52.jpeg

Same here - just on one of the rears, although I question how long the tape will hold up on the others. I have some of the super-strong 3m body tape, so I will fix the one and see how the others hold up

So, the other rear flap also detached from the tape. For both sides, I used the super strong 3M double sided tape on top of the existing tape . Seems to be holding wee after 8 hours or so.

Okay. I gate Wattney a badly needed bath, and then installed the flaps! It took me about 35 minutes. The hardest part was peeling the red backing off the 3M sticky tape—hellish to get a free corner enough to grab and peel. Tip: use a razor blade.

Anyway, here are Wattney’s new mud flaps or splash guards or whatever we’re supposed to call them:
View attachment 443103 View attachment 443104

do yours look leveled when you look from behind?

do yours look leveled when you look from behind?
They looked level up close as I was installing them. There's room for a bit of wiggle and adjustment before you commit to a tight bolt and the sticky tape. But to really answer your question, I'll have to remember to look. I didn't actually stand back from the car and evaluate from behind. I'll report back...

6439EDE9-ABB9-4C32-8FA1-946694F82D51.jpeg
How on earth do you get the rear ones on even remotely straight? About to give up.

It looks like the inner edge of the flap is pushed forward by the underside of the car’s aero. So the flaps are indeed flat, but the aero is messing up the visual aesthetic, which is driving me nuts. Same on both sides.

In addition, the tape is never going to hold on the rear. Not in a million years.

Last edited: