Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gentlemen,
I have good news!!!! Just got a note from Mike at Evasive MS, looks like our patience is about to pay off... the 19X9 and 19X8.5s are arriving in a week or two and the other sizes in February!!!!!

Mike will start notifying everyone as soon as the shipment arrives!!!

Questions or Comments contact "The Wheel Master" himself... below..

Mike
www.EvasiveMotorsports.com | blog.evasivemotorsports.com
T: 626.336.3400 EXT. 103 | Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST
11829 Hamden Pl., Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

I'm with @Feathermerchan those are too heavy for the price point. For the 3 the 18's wheels in mono-block forged alloy should be ~18 lbs, the 19's ~19 lbs and the 20's ~ 20 lbs.
So according to @roguenode the VS wheels are not any heavier than the Titans. I still don't get what makes the Titan 7 better for tracking than Vertini VS line. Are you saying that the VS forged wheels will actually break under corner stresses?

So according to @roguenode the VS wheels are not any heavier than the Titans. I still don't get what makes the Titan 7 better for tracking than Vertini VS line. Are you saying that the VS forged wheels will actually break under corner stresses?
I'm not really saying anything about Vertini, I dont know the wheel. This is a group buy for Titan7's, maybe someone should setup a Vertini GP and find out.... it's just not going to be me, as I have spent months researching wheels (see my other thread on carbon fiber wheels if really want) and came to the conclusion that Titan 7's have an awesome manufacturing process and product. Vertini was not a brand that I researched, but I highly doubt that they use 10,000 presses in their forging process... someone should find out....

VS Forged sounds like another marketing term for barrel rolling, but it's not clear from their website.

"A balanced combination of heat and pressure upon the rim barrel alters the mechanical properties of the wheel to get the desired effect." quote from their website.

9845 Painter Ave #J Whittier CA 90605
[email protected]
562-946-8378
M-F: 9:00am - 5:00pm PST

Any thoughts about this @Xenoilphobe ??

I would like to place an order as well but I want to know if the with for the 19'' will influence the 0-60 on RWD.

Also, is the turnaround time still 3-4 months?

Thank you.
I am an ultra light weight guy in many facets of my life (thru hiker, road biker, track car etc)

I don't think the width will help you with 0-60 in a RWD or an AWD, but tire compounds will - you live in Cali, I would get summer sports - that are lightweight with a good rating (Tirerack shows the weigh in the specs section) hope that helps. I would get the lightest 19 inch fitment 19 X 8.5 or 19 X 9... it's really up to you...

You need to discuss timelines with Mike at Evasive when you make your deposit.. I suspect that already have pushed orders through, as they are heavily ramping up for the Model 3...

I don't think the width will help you with 0-60 in a RWD or an AWD, but tire compounds will

FWIW I've yet to see anybody measurably improve their 0-60 time on any model of 3 by changing wheels or tires...the car does not appear to be traction limited in any trim currently.

To me the reason for someone with, say, the stock all-seasons, to swap to summer performance tires is to knock 15-20 feet off their 60-0 braking distance- which we do have evidence actually happens... not improve 0-60, which does not appear to happen with the swap.

I am an ultra light weight guy in many facets of my life (thru hiker, road biker, track car etc)

I don't think the width will help you with 0-60 in a RWD or an AWD, but tire compounds will - you live in Cali, I would get summer sports - that are lightweight with a good rating (Tirerack shows the weigh in the specs section) hope that helps. I would get the lightest 19 inch fitment 19 X 8.5 or 19 X 9... it's really up to you...

You need to discuss timelines with Mike at Evasive when you make your deposit.. I suspect that already have pushed orders through, as they are heavily ramping up for the Model 3...

I see. Thank you for your comments. Kinda wondering if stores like costco will install tires into these wheels if I choose a 19 X 9 instead of stock 19 x 8.5 due to Tesla's wheel specification sheet.

Do you happen to know if 20'' will be available anytime soon?

Thank you.

Costco is hit or miss, they install where I live in Northern Virginia, if they don't you can buy their tires and take them to another shop.

If you get push back tell them that these exceed OEM and are spec forged for the Tesla and that little T7 in the center cap is for new racer spec Model 3 T7 -- they have no fracking idea and are just trying to avoid pain in the jazz customers who want to micro-manage them lifting the car... they know what they are doing and don't need an overly protective parent watching them - I suspect this is what is happening at some Costco's in Cali.... just be cool to the service manager and they will support you. :)

20", I would go elsewhere, that could be a long time as we haven't even talked to Titan about that yet. I know they can make them, but as an ultra lighter - I would never consider the 20's on the Model 3... lowering kit yes, 20's no. Also wait, Tesla is releasing forged wheels for the P3D+... sometime in X + 12 months...

Costco is hit or miss, they install where I live in Northern Virginia, if they don't you can buy their tires and take them to another shop.

If you get push back tell them that these exceed OEM and are spec forged for the Tesla and that little T7 in the center cap is for new racer spec Model 3 T7 -- they have no fracking idea and are just trying to avoid pain in the jazz customers who want to micro-manage them lifting the car... they know what they are doing and don't need an overly protective parent watching them - I suspect this is what is happening at some Costco's in Cali.... just be cool to the service manager and they will support you. :)

20", I would go elsewhere, that could be a long time as we haven't even talked to Titan about that yet. I know they can make them, but as an ultra lighter - I would never consider the 20's on the Model 3... lowering kit yes, 20's no. Also wait, Tesla is releasing forged wheels for the P3D+... sometime in X + 12 months...

Oh I got it. Thank you again for your feedback.

I'll go ahead and place a deposit. Hopefully I can get my wheels sooner than 3 months haha.

Any lowering kit would you recommend to go with these wheels?

Thank you.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
As soon as my tires wear out I am going to pull the trigger on the 18" EVO fitment titan 7s or a set of Wedsports.

Make sure the Wedssports you go with will actually accept a 14mm lug, or be prepared to drill them out. I have a set of Wedssports that I was hoping to run, but found out the hard way they are for 12mm lugs. I contacted Weds NA, and they confirmed this.

Make sure the Wedssports you go with will actually accept a 14mm lug, or be prepared to drill them out. I have a set of Wedssports that I was hoping to run, but found out the hard way they are for 12mm lugs. I contacted Weds NA, and they confirmed this.

Thanks they come drilled for M12 wheels studs. I found a local shop that will open the holes from 13mm to 15mm for 100 bucks.

I really don't to do that but I love their wheels design, engineering and heritage.

Last edited:
Oh man those wheels are sweet. I used to have an IS-F and that set of wheels was one of the ones that I wanted to buy. Get them drilled don't sell them. I am looking into the 18" TCXs.

If I can't get someone to buy them, I might make them my daily wheels. They aren't fully forged, but they are lightweight, strong and for the price, a great option. I just put them on eBay for a wider audience.

Back on topic - looking forward to seeing some 3s with these Titan's!