Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the wh/mi are you getting with 19-9s?
Not sure yet, first daily commute day will be today but it's looking like around 300. I should probably reset (the haul back from Evasive was more more weight than usual) and see what I get tomorrow, or just let it average out with time...

I went with the Primacy MXM tires and saw an immediate decrease in consumption as well as noticed that the car is easy to roll forward and back. Your tires are probably the reason your energy use went up.
yep

Interestingly, the MXM do not spin when launching on dry or wet concrete. Very impressed with that. New Wh/mi seems to be about 260 - 270. With PS4S I could hardly get below 300.

No model 3 is traction limited- we already knew that by P3D- owners seeing no performance difference between PS4S tires and MXM4s

The PS4S will stop the car about in 20% shorter distance though.

I went with the Primacy MXM tires and saw an immediate decrease in consumption as well as noticed that the car is easy to roll forward and back. Your tires are probably the reason your energy use went up.
Exactly. The stopping distance is worth the loss in efficiency to me.
I have had the traction control kick on with MXM4's just not on a typical commute :) I'm thinking I should have gone with them again though, but well, if I go on a roadtrip I can still swap back to the 18's unless I get larger brakes anyways.

Thinking about getting to the track one of these days.

Hi there! I've read through this entire thread and I'm trying to make the call between black and titanium 18x8.5 t-s5s for my soon to be owned p3d. I saw several pictures of titanium on MSM p3ds but no machine black on MSM. Anyone who ordered the machine black happen to have an MSM? (or MSM p3d?!) These wheels look sick and I'm sad I won't be able to get them for at least a couple months, but I'm still leaning towards putting a deposit down. I just can't decide what color. Thanks in advance!

Hi there! I've read through this entire thread and I'm trying to make the call between black and titanium 18x8.5 t-s5s for my soon to be owned p3d. I saw several pictures of titanium on MSM p3ds but no machine black on MSM. Anyone who ordered the machine black happen to have an MSM? (or MSM p3d?!) These wheels look sick and I'm sad I won't be able to get them for at least a couple months, but I'm still leaning towards putting a deposit down. I just can't decide what color. Thanks in advance!
Was told this fits on our cars (p3d-) its made for evo 8 18x9 +28
.. would fit the oem 235/45/18 and 265/40/18. I want these but in gold/bronze. Waiting for groupbuy or another company.
T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel

Last edited:
Was told this fits on our cars (p3d-) its made for evo 8 18x9 +28
.. would fit the oem 235/45/18 and 265/40/18. I want these but in gold/bronze. Waiting for groupbuy or another company.
T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel
I think they would fit the OEM, but you might be better off with a 245 tire if your going for 9" wide, otherwise it might looks a bit stretched.
These would get you close, and might be better if you want to run OEM tire. Titan 7 T-S5 (Set of Four Wheels) - 18x8.5 / +35 / 5x114 for Tesla Model 3

Has anyone else run into fitment problems with the TS5s and Pilot Sport S4 tires?

I took my 19x9 bronze set of TS5s to Costco Tire today to have new Michelin Pilot Sport S4 255/35R19 tires mounted. The shop ran into issues with the very first wheel in that the tire bead won’t seal against the rim and leaked very noticeably.

Their shop manager got involved and attempted to mount another brand new Pilot Sport S4 tire on the same wheel and it did the same thing. He then tried yet a different tire on another one of the wheels and the same thing happened yet again, it leaked to the point they couldn’t even get a pressure reading.

I know they are brand new wheels, but something is seriously wrong with this set or this particular tire just doesn't fit despite 255 being right on the nose as far as fitment for a 9 inch wheel. Neither wheel they tested is able to hold ANY pressure, despite these being brand new tires direct from Michelin (and multiple tires tested). And this wasn’t some junior tech, it’s their department manager.

Anyway, they didn’t even both trying either of the other 2 wheels. I’m not sure what needs to be done at this point but I contacted Mike @ Evasive and I'm awaiting a reply. Kinda sucks....