TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Group Buy Poll for Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan 7

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Xenoilphobe, Aug 16, 2018.

?

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

Poll closed Mar 16, 2019.
  1. T-R10 FORGED 10 SPOKE in Machine Black in 19 X 9 with +35 ET

10.9%
  2. T-R10 FORGED 10 SPOKE in Satin Titanium in 19 X 9 with +35 ET

18.0%
  3. T-R10 FORGED 10 SPOKE in Machine Black in 18 X 8.5 +40 ET (STOCK SIZE - 18 - T-R10)

3.3%
  4. T-R10 FORGED 10 SPOKE in Satin Titanium in 18 X 8.5 +40 ET (STOCK SIZE - 18 - T-R10)

6.0%
  5. T-S5 FORGED SPLIT 5 SPOKE in Satin Titanium in 19 X 9 with +35 ET

26.2%
  6. T-S5 FORGED SPLIT 5 SPOKE in Machine Black in 19 X 9 with +35 ET

18.6%
  7. T-S5 FORGED SPLIT 5 SPOKE in Satin Titanium in 18 X 8.5 +40 ET (STOCK SIZE - 18 - T-S5)

16.9%
  8. T-S5 FORGED SPLIT 5 SPOKE in Machine Black in 18 X 8.5 +40 ET (STOCK SIZE - 18 - T-S5)

6.0%
  9. T-R10 FORGED 10 SPOKE in Satin Titanium in 19 X 9.5 +45 +35 ET

3.3%
  10. T-R10 FORGED 10 SPOKE in Machine Black in 19 X 9.5 +35 ET

2.2%
  11. T-S5 FORGED SPLIT SPOKE in Satin Titanium in 19 X 9.5 +35 ET

16.4%
  12. T-S5 FORGED SPLIT SPOKE in Machine Black in 19 X 9.5 +35 ET

9.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ejl80

Ejl80 Supporting Member

Did you try a different tire shop? I'm not sure I'd entrust my car to a big box store's tire department.

2. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

I'm running 245/40/19 PS4S on the same wheel. No issues.

3. R1Fast

R1Fast P3D Blue/White

#963 R1Fast, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Yeah that's probably the next step. Mike @ Evasive did respond right away and said they will pick up the wheels and send to Titan for inspection.... so before I do that I am going to try a completely different tire just to see what happens. I'll probably heed your advice and try one more shop and/or just to be safe before sending them back.

Thanks, that helps. I'm looking for confirmation on 266/35/19 as it is the exact same setup. Actually it looks like P3James is running the exact same sizes and didn't have any issues.

"T-S7 19x9 +35 in Techna Bronze
    255/35/19 Michelin PS4S"

Huh... guess I need to go to another shop which sucks since I got $139 off and free install @ Costco

4. Se7enxn9ne

Se7enxn9ne New Member

9BACE4CD-078E-4736-9F5A-17A16ADBFE13.jpeg

• Love x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. Clubhops10

Clubhops10 Member

These wheels look so good on the Model 3!

Would like to see how the bronze look on a white car!

6. chrislayy

chrislayy Member

7. P3James

P3James Member

I had the exact same issues. Same wheels and tires. I had it done at EAS in Anaheim, lucky for me those guys are pros with aftermrket wheels and were able to get it worked out. At first it was taking a while and I asked if everything was okay they said don't worry sometimes different tires and wheel combos are just more stubborn. Looked they used a combination of more lube and pressure in different areas of the tires with those rollers and bars till they got the pressure to seal and get the bead to pop in.

8. R1Fast

R1Fast P3D Blue/White

Wow, this is super helpful! Thanks @P3James! I'll talk to Costco and see if the dept manager knows how to do this.

9. nexion

nexion Member

Do they make the T-S7 in our bolt pattern? I'd be interested in a group buy.
    [​IMG]

10. TM34M

TM34M Member

What tire size should I get for a 19x9.5 square setup on my P3D+? Replacing stock 20”s, bent wheels due to pothole only after two months of driving. Jersey roads.

Also, are 19x9.5 +35 the right setup? i.e better than the stock 20”s for range, performance, comfort and looks? Not interested in 18s and not planning on lowering the car (or should I?).

11. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

I'm like mine with my 9" wide, I almost feel they stick out too far, don't want my front wheels kicking stuff up to damage the rockers and side. 9.5s on 255s, add more tread than stock ps4s, I guess There's actually less tread on my 245s when you venture away from Tesla spec ps4s...

I think your will get more tire stretch too.

Probably look better though. Not sure if you will get any better range if you add more tread area, I would think it would negatively affect range, but maybe someone has them.

12. Visionary

Visionary Member

Glad to see everyone liking the wheels, but has anyone actually taken delivery of the 19x9.5" size?. Curious to what they look like.

13. torparts

torparts Member

14. ppower

ppower Member

Unfortunately, there is no use in contacting Evasive. They are not open do making any other wheel specs. Titan 7's method is to offer just a single size which is why getting it right from the beginning was important. Those who began this saw differently. I have given up on this as much as I'd like the wheels.

15. dsgerbc

dsgerbc Member

Saw this pic of the back side of T-S5 on another forum. Any clue why the area around lug holes is recessed? Seems like a retarded place to shave weight.
    IMG_0700.jpg

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. Feathermerchan

Not really. You'd have to do a stress analysis to see how much strength was given up. There are bolts thru the rotor into the hub whose heads must be cleared by the wheel. Those recesses will clear the bold heads. So they do serve a purpose.

17. BigBluu

BigBluu Member

If the back of my wheels were like that, I wouldn't have needed to remove the rotor screw.

18. dsgerbc

dsgerbc Member

Guys, I'm not talking about cut-outs between the lug bolt holes (where the bolt holding the brake rotor to the hub sits). I'm talking about the area immediately around the lug bolt holes being recessed by a couple of mm and not making contact with the hub.

19. Ejl80

Ejl80 Supporting Member

You mean the lip that’s required for the performance models?