Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those numbers are for the special version designed as the OEM porsche tires.
In my zip code the potenza RE050A is $288 for a 265 and $308 for a 275.

Continental does not make an equivalent tire in both sizes. Looking at the pilot super sports, the 265 is $50 more expensive for that tire, so at some sizes or locations the 275 is certainly cheaper.
Makes sense. Either way, I'm just stoked these forged wheels will be available for the M3. Can't wait for when they are finalized.

Same, I think either should fit on a 35 offset, but wont be totally sure until I see someone who has a set fitted. It'll likely be as close as 1/8" to the inner Strut support. Not sure if the ET30 that Sasha recommended is better, more data needed.

In the video that MPP posted you can hear the 275 rub, think that must have been the rear, as they had 245 on the front in that one I think.

Hopefully this ends up at a good price as well, similar to titans advertised website price. Color options and stock center cap fitment would be the icing on the cake.

Same, I think either should fit on a 35 offset, but wont be totally sure until I see someone who has a set fitted. It'll likely be as close as 1/8" to the inner Strut support. Not sure if the ET30 that Sasha recommended is better, more data needed.

In the video that MPP posted you can hear the 275 rub, think that must have been the rear, as they had 245 on the front in that one I think.

Hopefully this ends up at a good price as well, similar to titans advertised website price. Color options and stock center cap fitment would be the icing on the cake.
Sasha did say that in the fastest lap they had the 275's mounted on one side and the 245's mounted on the other side as the track they were at had a much larger percentage of turns going one way vs. the other way

Sasha did say that in the fastest lap they had the 275's mounted on one side and the 245's mounted on the other side as the track they were at had a much larger percentage of turns going one way vs. the other way

Yea, I remember reading that. I just don't know if the rubbing was due to width, offset, ride height or unusual suspension compression, likely a combination. My criteria is I don't want my daily driver to rub in 99.9% of circumstances.

Yea, I remember reading that. I just don't know if the rubbing was due to width, offset, ride height or unusual suspension compression, likely a combination. My criteria is I don't want my daily driver to rub in 99.9% of circumstances.
Wheel Offset Calculator
Looking at the offset, .55" closer to the inside seems to be pushing it near the (control arm?) also fender rubbing seems possible, I took a picture of a bottle that was .625" in diameter and you can see thats how close the tire is at this position
fullsizeoutput_f22.jpeg

I have UP moderate springs (1.5" drop) and have measured the clearances from the edge of the factory 18" wheel without the cover to the inner edge of the fender both front and rear and have about 12mm for the front and 22mm for the rear.

Comparing 235/45-19 et 40 with 275/35-19 et 35:
That picture was taken with the stock 19's correct? For some reason I remember you saying more like 7/8" for this measurement.

Well, measuring a curve to a curve is tricky, but when the tire gets wider it will primarily get wider parallel to the hub. It looks like the measurement points are about 30 degrees off the hub concentric axis. So back of the envelope trig says that the actual clearance is more like 0.725" straight line clearance. What you are showing is the 0.625" measured at an angle from the tire to the metal (not sure what this parts technical name is)

Looking at the curve shape, both tires will have a similar curve at the shoulder. I think 275 will easily fit the shock clearance at the inside strut. I am curious what happens at steering lock with the fender, body and wheel well obstructions.

275 section
(MPP recommended offset 19") At +30 ET the new proposed tire will be 1.15 wider outside, and .35 wider inside
(current group buy size) At +35 ET the new proposed tire will be 0.95" further out, and .55" closer in.
(stock offset 19") At +40 ET the new proposed tire will be .75" wider each direction

265 section
(MPP recommended offset 19") At +30 ET the new proposed tire will be 0.94 wider outside, and .16 wider inside
(current group buy size) At +35 ET the new proposed tire will be 0.75" further out, and .35" closer in.
(stock offset 19") At +40 ET the new proposed tire will be .55" wider each direction

Unless I made a bad assumption or calculation with the info above, a +35 or 40 ET seems to be the sweet spot. If a +40 will fit with a 275 on the inside at the strut, then that will keep the tires as far from the fender as possible.

Comparing 235/45-19 et 40 with 275/35-19 et 35:
That picture was taken with the stock 19's correct? For some reason I remember you saying more like 7/8" for this measurement.

Well, measuring a curve to a curve is tricky, but when the tire gets wider it will primarily get wider parallel to the hub. It looks like the measurement points are about 30 degrees off the hub concentric axis. So back of the envelope trig says that the actual clearance is more like 0.725" straight line clearance. What you are showing is the 0.625" measured at an angle from the tire to the metal (not sure what this parts technical name is)

Looking at the curve shape, both tires will have a similar curve at the shoulder. I think 275 will easily fit the shock clearance at the inside strut. I am curious what happens at steering lock with the fender, body and wheel well obstructions.

275 section
(MPP recommended offset 19") At +30 ET the new proposed tire will be 1.15 wider outside, and .35 wider inside
(current group buy size) At +35 ET the new proposed tire will be 0.95" further out, and .55" closer in.
(stock offset 19") At +40 ET the new proposed tire will be .75" wider each direction

265 section
(MPP recommended offset 19") At +30 ET the new proposed tire will be 0.94 wider outside, and .16 wider inside
(current group buy size) At +35 ET the new proposed tire will be 0.75" further out, and .35" closer in.
(stock offset 19") At +40 ET the new proposed tire will be .55" wider each direction

Unless I made a bad assumption or calculation with the info above, a +35 or 40 ET seems to be the sweet spot. If a +40 will fit with a 275 on the inside at the strut, then that will keep the tires as far from the fender as possible.
Which rim width were you referring to, 275 on 10?
I’m not sure if 275 on 10 +40 will clear on the inside, it’s like we need a wheel shop to test out the max measurements :)

Which rim width were you referring to, 275 on 10?
I’m not sure if 275 on 10 +40 will clear on the inside, it’s like we need a wheel shop to test out the max measurements :)

I was thinking of the rim size that is currently tops in voting, my understanding based on the poll is that the 19x9 at 35 ET was the most popular. I do think the 9.5 is a better fit for the tires I want, 10 also possible but I am not sure I want to add metal to the rim without some benefit. I think the 10" width will make the tires look more "Square" but honestly the 9.5 is probably pretty close, and I'd prefer a bit of rubber protruding past my rims, rather than the rubber stretched over a too wide rim. Looking at the Toyo tires website, 9.5 is the recommended rim width for both the 265 and 275 section.

Rim width is a compromise for either the wider or narrower tires either way, since in the 19x9 size you will likely either go stock tire size, which will be stretched looking on a 19-9.5 wide rim, but will fit, or you go with the 265/275 size, and its at the lower edge of the 9" wide fitment

If you go with 19x9.5 wide rims, then the stock tire size is on the low edge of fitment, and will look stretched. 9.5" wide is the ideal size for the 265 or 275 section.

Overall I think more folks buying performance rims will be looking at wider tires so making the 19x9.5 at 35 or 40ET is the better option. However more tire will reduce range somewhat. Tesla owners hate that lol. I wonder what percentage will stay with the stock tire size even with the upgrade rims?

10" rim seems to wide, it also wont fit the stock tire size at all, so even if it could physically be mounted It would look silly stretched.

Although all this agonizing over sizes seems like a lot, rims and tires are one of those most important choices on a car. Now is the time to get it right.

Lets see how the fitment sessions go this week and we should have some solid feedback to provide next week.

I highly suspect that Titan 7 will make several options available, the good news is 19 will fit even with the massive rotors. The 20's are useless on the track, so the market is 18, 19 for this car depending on end user needs. I'll even bet the the Titan 7's in 18 will fit the stock P3D+ with the 355mm rotors.... which would be the lightest street/ track fitment as well as the lowest cost....

19 x 9 (245 tire) will work on the front and 19 x 9.5 (265 tire) works on the rears or get 19 x 9 all around (245). Remaining question is will a 9.5 (265) fit in front with what ET...... we have plenty of requests for both the 10 spoke and the 5 spoke..... colors are easy......

Reactions: Blu Angel
I looked at my old post and you are correct, I had used 3 items of known size and this one was the largest at 7/8", my mistake

Thats great news and I think pushes me closer to the ideal being 19 x 9.5 at 40ET. You measured 7/8 or 0.875, so the 275 section certainly will fit the inner area where we are looking. No guarantee about other places on the car, the outside is also just as important. Lets look there

I have UP moderate springs (1.5" drop) and have measured the clearances from the edge of the factory 18" wheel without the cover to the inner edge of the fender both front and rear and have about 12mm for the front and 22mm for the rear.

12mm isnt much, about a half inch. Is that measured at full compression? To some extent the wheels camber will go negative as it compresses, but the 275 section with 40 ET might not fit the outside being 0.75 further out, and the 265 section is questionable at 0.55" further out. If the rims are +35 ET the problem will be even worse, then the 275 will be 0.95 further out, and the 265 will be 0.75 further out.

It would be ideal if Evasive could have a 19 x 9.5 or 18 x 9.5 at 40 ET, mount and test fit the 275 and 265 sections, and add a 5mm spacer and try the same to simulate the ET35.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Lets see how the fitment sessions go this week and we should have some solid feedback to provide next week.

I highly suspect that Titan 7 will make several options available, the good news is 19 will fit even with the massive rotors. The 20's are useless on the track, so the market is 18, 19 for this car depending on end user needs. I'll even bet the the Titan 7's in 18 will fit the stock P3D+ with the 355mm rotors.... which would be the lightest street/ track fitment as well as the lowest cost....

19 x 9 (245 tire) will work on the front and 19 x 9.5 (265 tire) works on the rears or get 19 x 9 all around (245). Remaining question is will a 9.5 (265) fit in front with what ET...... we have plenty of requests for both the 10 spoke and the 5 spoke..... colors are easy......

It would be amazing news if the 18" titans will fit over the stock performance rotors, think its the rears that are the tighter fitment interestingly.

• Informative
looks like they used the cast aluminum wheel to test fit. -- forged are more compact in the barrel and the barrel is forged with an expansion joint for large caliber / rotor systems. go to 7:30 in the video to understand why it might fit

Last edited:
looks like they used the cast aluminum wheel to test fit. -- forged are more compact in the barrel and the barrel is forged with an expansion joint specially for large caliber / rotor systems. go to 7:30 in the video to understand why it might fit

My fingers are crossed that the 18-inch T-S5s will fit over the P3D+ rear calipers (and if they do, sign me up!)...but at this point I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic.

Here is a thread from another forum about the calipers and the stock 18-inch Aeros: That $5k Performance Upgrade option, Part Deux (directly linked to the relevant post containing measurements and photos.)

Last edited:
  • Informative