Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean the lip that’s required for the performance models?

He meant the area surrounding the bolt hole. Not the center lip cutout and not the area in between the two bolt holes.

I do agree that it is kind of weird to have a recess like that around the area. The Signature Wheels I have is flat. Attached image is not my wheel, but another Signature wheel

45765511305_2d9630f05f_k.jpg

Guys, I'm not talking about cut-outs between the lug bolt holes (where the bolt holding the brake rotor to the hub sits). I'm talking about the area immediately around the lug bolt holes being recessed by a couple of mm and not making contact with the hub.

Good point - the machined area around the bolt holes does not make contact with hub... not a great design in my book. :cool:

InkedIMG_0700_LI.jpg

soapy water fixes the bead seat issue. remember everything is easier with a little lube

They tried another set of tires and the shop manager mounted them himself... fit just fine. That tells me either the first set was defective (not likely) or the first 2 techs were incompetent (more likely). In any case it wasn't the wheels after all.

The bad news is one did leak because they put the TPMS in wrong. I went back in the next day and they fixed it ... but scratched the lip of the wheel putting it on the machine. :( 1/4" scratch right on the most visible part of the wheel. They did cut me a check on the spot for a replacement wheel ($635) though.

20190715_133858.jpg

My 19x9.5 +35 wheels arrived today, I'll try to get them mounted and post pics once I have
I'm considering these wheels and would love to see how the 9.5 +35 looks and how concave it is. Looking forward to the photos!

+1!!

@Clubhops10 which color did you get?

My current set are 19x9 bronze. Accd'g to Mike@Evasive bronze isn't (wasn't) available in 19x9.5 despite having the option available on their site. If they are ever made in bronze and the concave is noticeably better I might trade up and sell my current set once they arrive.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
@juanmedina
Really? What are you riding on now? You can't beat fully forged 18 pound wheels with a lifetime warranty that are spec built for the Model 3 - for $500 each, please tell what is better at this price point, in stock and ready for delivery?

T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel

All Titan 7 Forged wheels are sold with a lifetime structural warranty so you can be confident that you are using a high performance wheel with factory backing.

All wheels are durability tested according to DOT / SAE and JWL / VIA standards to ensure safety while you perform. Authentic performance from Titan 7. Forged for All.

Also you know their owner used to work with (Mackin imports Rays Engineering, Yokohama wheels, etc.) for over 20 years... Source: Group Buy Poll for Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan

I just checked out the Apex wheels, those look decent, very nice alternative for a little more money. Looks like Titan forced Apex to change their warranty this month from 2 Years to Lifetime -- gotta love competition!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: P3James
I have a model 3 performance sleeper, i didn't get the 20inch rims or the upgraded brakes...

I like the titan 7 ts-5 wheel. I want to get them in Black, 19s, but on there site it says it's for the performance model 3, so im assuming it's designed with the bigger brakes in mind. Does anyone know if they would work on model 3s that came with regular 18inch aeros?

I have a model 3 performance sleeper, i didn't get the 20inch rims or the upgraded brakes...

I like the titan 7 ts-5 wheel. I want to get them in Black, 19s, but on there site it says it's for the performance model 3, so im assuming it's designed with the bigger brakes in mind. Does anyone know if they would work on model 3s that came with regular 18inch aeros?

No issues at all. Rims designed to work on the performance 3 will work on all other model 3s.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors