Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking of the rim size that is currently tops in voting, my understanding based on the poll is that the 19x9 at 35 ET was the most popular. I do think the 9.5 is a better fit for the tires I want, 10 also possible but I am not sure I want to add metal to the rim without some benefit. I think the 10" width will make the tires look more "Square" but honestly the 9.5 is probably pretty close, and I'd prefer a bit of rubber protruding past my rims, rather than the rubber stretched over a too wide rim. Looking at the Toyo tires website, 9.5 is the recommended rim width for both the 265 and 275 section.

Rim width is a compromise for either the wider or narrower tires either way, since in the 19x9 size you will likely either go stock tire size, which will be stretched looking on a 19-9.5 wide rim, but will fit, or you go with the 265/275 size, and its at the lower edge of the 9" wide fitment

If you go with 19x9.5 wide rims, then the stock tire size is on the low edge of fitment, and will look stretched. 9.5" wide is the ideal size for the 265 or 275 section.

Overall I think more folks buying performance rims will be looking at wider tires so making the 19x9.5 at 35 or 40ET is the better option. However more tire will reduce range somewhat. Tesla owners hate that lol. I wonder what percentage will stay with the stock tire size even with the upgrade rims?

10" rim seems to wide, it also wont fit the stock tire size at all, so even if it could physically be mounted It would look silly stretched.

Although all this agonizing over sizes seems like a lot, rims and tires are one of those most important choices on a car. Now is the time to get it right.
I agree that if wider tires are the main goal for grip not efficiency the 19x9.5 +35 on 265/35 19 tires is probably the best and they would fit both in front and back. This would have them 22mm closer to the fender and only 10mm closer to the suspension which would clear since that is less than 1/2 in. That would also keep the total wheel diameter closes to stock at only 1mm deviation (smaller). 275/35 19 tires on that same rim would be cutting it too close in the front with 15mm closer to the suspension which is the entire clearance.

Now I know Sasha and others have said that for handling, a square setup is the way to go but can someone explain again from a technical standpoint why that is?

I ask because going as wide in the front as in the rear also screws up the scrub radius. The setup described above would cause a positive scrub radius of about 5 mm. This may negatively affect the car's handling. So staying with stock width in the front may be the safer but the rears would not have to since they don't turn hence no scrub radius issue.

Another question I had is even assuming a square setup, it it bad to have the rear track wider? The rear wheels have a 10mm grater fender clearance than the front so going with 19x9.5 +35 front and 9x9.5 +25 rear would make a more even flush look between front and back. Is there an issue with wider track in rear from a handling point of view?

Lets see how the fitment sessions go this week and we should have some solid feedback to provide next week.

I highly suspect that Titan 7 will make several options available, the good news is 19 will fit even with the massive rotors. The 20's are useless on the track, so the market is 18, 19 for this car depending on end user needs. I'll even bet the the Titan 7's in 18 will fit the stock P3D+ with the 355mm rotors.... which would be the lightest street/ track fitment as well as the lowest cost....

19 x 9 (245 tire) will work on the front and 19 x 9.5 (265 tire) works on the rears or get 19 x 9 all around (245). Remaining question is will a 9.5 (265) fit in front with what ET...... we have plenty of requests for both the 10 spoke and the 5 spoke..... colors are easy......
I wonder if the Titans 18" will fit on the MPP big brake kit? The only reason I am getting 19" is to fit over those.

Thats great news and I think pushes me closer to the ideal being 19 x 9.5 at 40ET. You measured 7/8 or 0.875, so the 275 section certainly will fit the inner area where we are looking. No guarantee about other places on the car, the outside is also just as important. Lets look there

12mm isnt much, about a half inch. Is that measured at full compression? To some extent the wheels camber will go negative as it compresses, but the 275 section with 40 ET might not fit the outside being 0.75 further out, and the 265 section is questionable at 0.55" further out. If the rims are +35 ET the problem will be even worse, then the 275 will be 0.95 further out, and the 265 will be 0.75 further out.

It would be ideal if Evasive could have a 19 x 9.5 or 18 x 9.5 at 40 ET, mount and test fit the 275 and 265 sections, and add a 5mm spacer and try the same to simulate the ET35.

My measurements were done after several hundred miles to allow the springs to settle and at ride height with factory camber specs. I can only imagine that there would be more negative camber as the suspension compresses over bumps. I read the review from the individual who has the white M3 and Vorsteiner V-FF 103 images on their website. He stated he does not have rubbing issues with 20x9 +38 with 245/35 front and 20x10.5 +45 with 275/30 rear on UP moderate springs. I also spoke with a Vorsteiner sales rep who stated they offer those dimensions for best fitment. I based that information with my measurements and the factory specs for staggered 19" wheels using this calculator. This is how I came up with 9" +38 front with 245 width and 10" +40 rear with 275 width. I aimed to keep overall diameter as close as possible to stock. All this is based on unknown inner clearances. So in theory, if there is more inner clearance, wider tires may fit. This is assuming the wheel/tire combination does not sit any further towards the fender as to avoid rubbing issues.

Sorry did not read thru whole thread but is there a reason the 19x9.5 TR10s have two different offsets only in the titanium satin?

Would love to have both in same offset(+35)

Also how do I go about making the purchase happen or do we have to wait for group buy to commence in order to get these? Would like to get these before end of year as I have a track day I would like to attend in Jan.

@Lucky13
Oversight, in my rush to get this poll working, I screwed it up, and the damn forum software doesn't allow you to change anything after about an hour.
Evasive has a couple of Model 3's at their office today for fitment session, and we will know what options will fit.

MPP has confirmed that 19 X 9.5 with +35 ET will fit with a 265 tire with and ADVAN II wheel, but we are checking to make sure a Titan 7 in both the 10 spoke and 5 spoke will fit too. Also there are ton requests for the 18 X 8.5 in 35 ET for the stock P3D+ fitment, which might fit, but the rear calipers are huge on this car with the P3D+ package......

Colors can easily be changed, I would call Mike Chang at:

Evasive Motorsports
11829 Hamden Pl.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Telephone
Sales and Support: 626.336.3400
Fax: 626.336.3406
[email protected]
www.evasivemotorsports.com

model-3-titan-7-jpg.326174
That looks quite nice!

My vote:
T-S5 FORGED SPLIT 5 SPOKE in Satin Titanium in 19 X 9 with +35 ET

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I am pretty sure the pricing will be based on wheel sizes.. larger wheels (Width X Diameter) drive the costs, because its more forged aluminum material, more shipping costs, more tooling costs, etc. etc. When I started this poll I personally wanted an 18 X 8.5 - 9.5 with whatever appropriate ET to fit...for ~$2K.... but I don't want to make any comments until Mike and Eddie get all the details... and I don't want to dash any hopes for those folks who want something more exotic, which could drive the costs up, but could still be doable based on the massive demand... both Mike and Eddie have shared that many of you are reaching out direct for specific fitment, so they know there is good market here -- and will work to nail down a solution(s) that will work.

I would love it, if they worked with @MountainPass to track test a couple of fitments to show us what each wheel is capable of an a track in the lightest fitment that can get over the rear calibers..

Lets sit tight and let Mike (Evasive Motors) and Eddie (Titan) get back to me on best fitment. I also agree that we are in the 90 day window on seeing this to fruition...