Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to thread through this to find an answer, but any word on 20x9" options? Voted for 19x9 but prefer 20's.

Thanks!

@laughdamon
Short answer is no, we never did start a group buy for 20 X 9 . It looks like TSportline might be reselling them for $4000 - $4400 for a set of 4, frankly if they were about $2800, they might be worth the occasional cracked wheel...

Here is the link to Reseller in 20 inch staggered fitment.

I can't stomach that price point and really didn't see value in a heavy wheel with lower profile tires and the road hazards that come with this config on a 4000 lb car. Has anyone else ever cracked a rim (base wheels) on their Model 3 | Tesla or Downgrading to 19″ Wheels

Additionally, the staggered fitment is not needed for performance gains on an AWD vehicle and prohibits rotating the tires front to rear for longevity and staggered is worse for handling as it introduces understeer. Staggered can be useful if there's a significant weight balance issue- but the Tesla Model 3 is ~50/50 weight distribution.

Another element to evaluate is the cost of tires for the Model 3, with little to no performance gains with a larger wheel, why would you spend so much for tires that get replaced every 10K to 20K? In the worse case scenario in the 20 inch fitment, it's $2K per year and in the best case scenario in the 20 inch fitment its $800 per year verses the best case 18 inch wheel fitment costing $ 460 for four tires...

235/45/18 $115-$225
275/40/18 $150-$300

235/40/19 $200-$300
275/35/19 $215-$350

235/35/20 $200-$300
275/30/20 $300-$500

Best bet is to email Evasive Motors and let them know you are interested. Also someone started a thread for 20's, but it died out after a couple of posts, especially when the poster got guarded about the supplier.

Caveat Emptor on the link below:
Any interest in 20 inch Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan 7?

@laughdamon hopefully this helps in your decision-making..

Last edited:
@laughdamon
Short answer is no, we never did start a group buy for 20 X 9 . It looks like TSportline might be reselling them for $4000 - $4400 for a set of 4, frankly if they were about $2800, they might be worth the occasional cracked wheel...

Here is the link to Reseller in 20 inch staggered fitment.

I can't stomach that price point and really didn't see value in a heavy wheel with lower profile tires and the road hazards that come with this config on a 4000 lb car. Has anyone else ever cracked a rim (base wheels) on their Model 3 | Tesla or Downgrading to 19″ Wheels

Additionally, the staggered fitment is not needed for performance gains on an AWD vehicle and prohibits rotating the tires front to rear for longevity and staggered is worse for handling as it introduces understeer. Staggered can be useful if there's a significant weight balance issue- but the Tesla Model 3 is ~50/50 weight distribution.

Another element to evaluate is the cost of tires for the Model 3, with little to no performance gains with a larger wheel, why would you spend so much for tires that get replaced every 10K to 20K? In the worse case scenario in the 20 inch fitment, it's $2K per year and in the best case scenario in the 20 inch fitment its $800 per year verses the best case 18 inch wheel fitment costing $ 460 for four tires...

235/45/18 $115-$225
275/40/18 $150-$300

235/40/19 $200-$300
275/35/19 $215-$350

235/35/20 $200-$300
275/30/20 $300-$500

Best bet is to email Evasive Motors and let them know you are interested. Also someone started a thread for 20's, but it died out after a couple of posts, especially when the poster got guarded about the supplier.

Caveat Emptor on the link below:
Any interest in 20 inch Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan 7?

@laughdamon hopefully this helps in your decision-making..
It’s just that the 19s and 18s with the high profile thick sidewall rims look like rubber baby buggy bumpers. It really detracts from the sporty looks of the car.

It’s just that the 19s and 18s with the high profile thick sidewall rims look like rubber baby buggy bumpers. It really detracts from the sporty looks of the car.
True, save the $$ you didn't blow on oversized tires and wheels on a nice upgraded suspension components which will reduce that thick sidewall look and actually help the performance and close the OEM wheel to fender gap.

Model 3 RWD | Mountain Pass Performance

Modifications:
Setup:
Ride Height Street: Typically 110-115mm measured from ground to battery
  • Ride Height Track: Typically 104mm measured from ground to battery
Track Damper settings (clicks from full stiff – higher number is softer)
  • Front Compression: 9
  • Front Rebound: 8
  • Rear Compression: 6
  • Rear Rebound: 7
Street Damper Settings (clicks from full stiff – higher number is softer)
  • Front Compression: 14
  • Front Rebound: 13
  • Rear Compression: 14
  • Rear Rebound: 13

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: chrislayy and JeffC

So NASCAR doesn't look sporty? F1? Any other actual racing cars? The 20" wheels SLOW the car down. Also run more risk of tire/wheel damage. Also make the ride more harsh.
If all you care about is sporty looks, why in the world did you buy this car?

I am upgrading my choice request to 19x9.5 with offset of 32. Offset of 35 is also great.
Based on the feedback from another member who is actually running the 275/35-19 on a 35 et 19x9.5 with 3 mm spacers.
I know several people want a set for widest rubber under the fender and the 19 x 9,5 has been asked for over and over. What will it take?

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffC
I talked to Mike from Evasive and per our requests they are going to do a run of 19 x 9.5 +35 He said he'd be updating the site soon. So dust off those checkbooks track junkies. :)

Update: the 19 x 9.5 +35 are now listed on the website
Thanks so much for the heads up @Zippy_EV ! I'm 95% sure I'm going to order the Evasive 19 x 9.5s for track use. This is a good price for fully forged wheels, and it's really nice to have an exact fit to the Model 3 Performance Upgrade brakes.

Question: does anyone have feedback on the real world durability of this forged wheel design? I do fully understand the difference between forged versus cast wheels, but the spokes look very thin (but pretty deep) to me.

I kind of doubt anyone would be able to make durable cast wheels with spokes that thin and expect forging to make the whole wheel much stronger than cast, but still, the spokes look pretty thin to me. I have also not seen them in real life. Maybe they look more substantial in real life?

I'm much less concerned about relatively smooth race track use and much more concerned about potholes, misaligned highway slab joints, etc., on the street. I think my stock 20s actually survived what looked like a 1 inch step in highway concrete slabs that slammed the whole car pretty hard on Highway 680 in Contra Costa. We have a smaller step, maybe half inch, near me on Highway 280.

Obviously we want light weight, but we also want wheels that might survive real world roads without bending. (Going from 20s to 19s also helps in having a slightly taller sidewall to absorb more of the bad roads.)

Last edited:
Trying to thread through this to find an answer, but any word on 20x9" options? Voted for 19x9 but prefer 20's.

Thanks!
@laughdamon Why do you want 20s? If you like the looks, fine, but be aware they're heavier and more likely to get damaged by potholes, etc. It's important to understand what your goals are.

If you're looking for performance, racers almost always go for smaller wheels since they're lighter (for a given width and diameter, i.e., comparing apples to apples and not wider wheels/tires), and greater weight of wheels and tires hurts all aspects of performance: acceleration, braking, handling over bumps, suspension control in general, etc.

18s would be better if we could get performance tires in appropriate sizes. My size searches found the most soft compound tires for race track use in 19 x 9.5 inch, specifically 265/35-19. In contrast, 20 inch had far fewer tire choices for soft compound near-racing tires, and also for street use.

I am 100% certain that I'm getting rid of the very heavy factory 20s and replacing them with lighter 19 inch wheels, possibly a set for street use in the stock 8.5 inch widths and a set for track use in 19 x 9.5 or 10,

Last edited: