Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the PS4S with acoustic foam are only available for 20" wheels. The 18" wheels have MXM4's with acoustic foam, and 19's use continentals.

I'm planning to get 19's with PS4S, but I don't believe there is an acoustic foam version of them.

Damn N/M found them in 18's https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...8PS4XLAC&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I wish they made them in 245/40/19 :(

Also those are pilot sport 4 and not pilot sport 4s, not a huge difference, not to mention they're 30 dollars more than similar sized ps4s. Also I have my doubts that the acoustic foam makes a substantial difference.

Good catch, maybe they don't make the PS4S for 18's with foam?
Seconded. I also noticed the lack of 4S versus just 4. But I first called tire rack and these were the alleged Pilot Sport 4Ss they found for me. When you cross-reference Michelin's site, I believe they list this spec under pilot sport 4s. I am leaning towards these being 4S even though tire rack website portrays a difference.

Yeah the foam doesn't seem to have much difference. Not sure my source but I believe it's only 1 decibel, whereas ambient car noise is like 60+ decibels.

When you're spending a few K to get .1 seconds faster, I feel like you might as well throw acoustic foam in there as a requirements.

On the other hand, other people will prioritize tire width for cornering. I'm so busy that I can't see myself going to the track these days (although I've posted otherwise), but in the future when I have more time and money I'll buy some fat tires and/or a roadster 2020. For now I want the braking distance, handling, and acceleration at the edge of the cars performance while keeping a high sidewall without totally killing my range.

Right now I think I'm just going to wait until aero, forged-wheel designs come out from Tesla, fast wheels, and possibly Titan 7.

It would cost me around the same to get the wrong wheel for a few months and then swap to the "right wheel" versus just waiting for the right wheel and jacking up my two sets of OEM 20s tires and wheels. Already bent two rims X_x.

Seconded. I also noticed the lack of 4S versus just 4. But I first called tire rack and these were the alleged Pilot Sport 4Ss they found for me. When you cross-reference Michelin's site, I believe they list this spec under pilot sport 4s. I am leaning towards these being 4S even though tire rack website portrays a difference.

Yeah the foam doesn't seem to have much difference. Not sure my source but I believe it's only 1 decibel, whereas ambient car noise is like 60+ decibels.

When you're spending a few K to get .1 seconds faster, I feel like you might as well throw acoustic foam in there as a requirements.

On the other hand, other people will prioritize tire width for cornering. I'm so busy that I can't see myself going to the track these days (although I've posted otherwise), but in the future when I have more time and money I'll buy some fat tires and/or a roadster 2020. For now I want the braking distance, handling, and acceleration at the edge of the cars performance while keeping a high sidewall without totally killing my range.

Right now I think I'm just going to wait until aero, forged-wheel designs come out from Tesla, fast wheels, and possibly Titan 7.

It would cost me around the same to get the wrong wheel for a few months and then swap to the "right wheel" versus just waiting for the right wheel and jacking up my two sets of OEM 20s tires and wheels. Already bent two rims X_x.
yea, I have it easy. Summer tire will work year round for me, assuming I don't wear them out too quickly. My biggest issue is storing the OE Aeros. Honestly I don't really have any complaints with MXM4, and they will probably last longer. I think I do want to try the track, never done that before.

Just got my Titans (a day early) they did not send me an invoice or tracking info but I did get a notification from FedEx.
Put them on and really like the look. Ride is a lot better on 18" (but DT set the pressure to 36 instead of 45 like I asked.).
Also I forgot about the jack pucks when leaving and so did they. After some fwy and residential driving, they were all still on thankfully.

Reactions: outdoors
Just got my Titans (a day early) they did not send me an invoice or tracking info but I did get a notification from FedEx.
Put them on and really like the look. Ride is a lot better on 18" (but DT set the pressure to 36 instead of 45 like I asked.).
Also I forgot about the jack pucks when leaving and so did they. After some fwy and residential driving, they were all still on thankfully.
you went from 18" aero to 19's and you notice a big difference in ride quality? What tires did you end up with for the 19s?
How about a picture since you beat me to it by weeks!

Quick update. Cancelled my order for titans bc 18” sizes no longer in stock and got Fast Wheels FC04s ordered from Canada for about $850 including shipping. 19.3lbs 18x8. Will scratch my itch while waiting for Tesla referral rims.

I just emailed Evasive Motorsports about ordering the Titan TR10 wheel in platinum 18” size for my Model 3 dual motor, and he said he would need another order to put them in production. Anyone else thinking about pulling the trigger on some 1i” TR10’s so we could get them in production? Jus need to put in a deposit. I was emailing with “C.Y.” at Evasive...

So I got my 18x8.5 +35 mounted on saturday. I had ordered some ps4s 245/45 but someone else had ordered some mich as3+ in 245/45 and they apparently mounted my ps4s on the other persons vehicle. So I'm driving around on the as3 until some new ps4s come in and they'll swap them over for free. Also they're going to order some shorter lug nuts and black balance weights for next time. So I'll get some better quality pictures when I get the final setup mounted. In the meanwhile I figured a couple pictures were better than nothing: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xPmj3W1ZQ5JUvCgM6

Super happy with how the wheels turned out, was having some doubts and was thinking I should've gotten 19 but they look great and 18 was definitely the right choice for me.