Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else run into fitment problems with the TS5s and Pilot Sport S4 tires?

I took my 19x9 bronze set of TS5s to Costco Tire today to have new Michelin Pilot Sport S4 255/35R19 tires mounted. The shop ran into issues with the very first wheel in that the tire bead won’t seal against the rim and leaked very noticeably.

Did you try a different tire shop? I'm not sure I'd entrust my car to a big box store's tire department.

Has anyone else run into fitment problems with the TS5s and Pilot Sport S4 tires?

I took my 19x9 bronze set of TS5s to Costco Tire today to have new Michelin Pilot Sport S4 255/35R19 tires mounted. The shop ran into issues with the very first wheel in that the tire bead won’t seal against the rim and leaked very noticeably.

Their shop manager got involved and attempted to mount another brand new Pilot Sport S4 tire on the same wheel and it did the same thing. He then tried yet a different tire on another one of the wheels and the same thing happened yet again, it leaked to the point they couldn’t even get a pressure reading.

I know they are brand new wheels, but something is seriously wrong with this set or this particular tire just doesn't fit despite 255 being right on the nose as far as fitment for a 9 inch wheel. Neither wheel they tested is able to hold ANY pressure, despite these being brand new tires direct from Michelin (and multiple tires tested). And this wasn’t some junior tech, it’s their department manager.

Anyway, they didn’t even both trying either of the other 2 wheels. I’m not sure what needs to be done at this point but I contacted Mike @ Evasive and I'm awaiting a reply. Kinda sucks....
I'm running 245/40/19 PS4S on the same wheel. No issues.

Did you try a different tire shop? I'm not sure I'd entrust my car to a big box store's tire department.

Yeah that's probably the next step. Mike @ Evasive did respond right away and said they will pick up the wheels and send to Titan for inspection.... so before I do that I am going to try a completely different tire just to see what happens. I'll probably heed your advice and try one more shop and/or just to be safe before sending them back.

I'm running 245/40/19 PS4S on the same wheel. No issues.

Thanks, that helps. I'm looking for confirmation on 266/35/19 as it is the exact same setup. Actually it looks like P3James is running the exact same sizes and didn't have any issues.

"T-S7 19x9 +35 in Techna Bronze
255/35/19 Michelin PS4S"

Huh... guess I need to go to another shop which sucks since I got $139 off and free install @ Costco

Last edited:
9BACE4CD-078E-4736-9F5A-17A16ADBFE13.jpeg

Their shop manager got involved and attempted to mount another brand new Pilot Sport S4 tire on the same wheel and it did the same thing. He then tried yet a different tire on another one of the wheels and the same thing happened yet again, it leaked to the point they couldn’t even get a pressure reading.

I know they are brand new wheels, but something is seriously wrong with this set or this particular tire just doesn't fit despite 255 being right on the nose as far as fitment for a 9 inch wheel. Neither wheel they tested is able to hold ANY pressure, despite these being brand new tires direct from Michelin (and multiple tires tested). And this wasn’t some junior tech, it’s their department manager.

Anyway, they didn’t even both trying either of the other 2 wheels. I’m not sure what needs to be done at this point but I contacted Mike @ Evasive and I'm awaiting a reply. Kinda sucks....

I had the exact same issues. Same wheels and tires. I had it done at EAS in Anaheim, lucky for me those guys are pros with aftermrket wheels and were able to get it worked out. At first it was taking a while and I asked if everything was okay they said don't worry sometimes different tires and wheel combos are just more stubborn. Looked they used a combination of more lube and pressure in different areas of the tires with those rollers and bars till they got the pressure to seal and get the bead to pop in.

I had the exact same issues. Same wheels and tires. I had it done at EAS in Anaheim, lucky for me those guys are pros with aftermrket wheels and were able to get it worked out. At first it was taking a while and I asked if everything was okay they said don't worry sometimes different tires and wheel combos are just more stubborn. Looked they used a combination of more lube and pressure in different areas of the tires with those rollers and bars till they got the pressure to seal and get the bead to pop in.

Wow, this is super helpful! Thanks @P3James! I'll talk to Costco and see if the dept manager knows how to do this.

What tire size should I get for a 19x9.5 square setup on my P3D+? Replacing stock 20”s, bent wheels due to pothole only after two months of driving. Jersey roads.

Also, are 19x9.5 +35 the right setup? i.e better than the stock 20”s for range, performance, comfort and looks? Not interested in 18s and not planning on lowering the car (or should I?).

What tire size should I get for a 19x9.5 square setup on my P3D+? Replacing stock 20”s, bent wheels due to pothole only after two months of driving. Jersey roads.

Also, are 19x9.5 +35 the right setup? i.e better than the stock 20”s for range, performance, comfort and looks? Not interested in 18s and not planning on lowering the car (or should I?).
I'm like mine with my 9" wide, I almost feel they stick out too far, don't want my front wheels kicking stuff up to damage the rockers and side. 9.5s on 255s, add more tread than stock ps4s, I guess There's actually less tread on my 245s when you venture away from Tesla spec ps4s...

I think your will get more tire stretch too.

Probably look better though. Not sure if you will get any better range if you add more tread area, I would think it would negatively affect range, but maybe someone has them.

Frankly, I’m surprised that the 8.5” didn’t get any traction so far. This may work well because as I pointed out in September, they already have the design for the 19x9 +25. They just have to drill for 5x114.3 instead of 5x108. Evasive doesn’t open for 2 more hours, so I’ll contact them around my lunchtime and report back what I find out.

19x8.5 +20
1. ppower (bronze)

19x9 +25
1. ppower (bronze)
2. torparts (bronze if necessary)
3. R1Fast (bronze)
4. Taid_87 (bronze) Canada
5. boostftw (bronze)
8.[/QUOTE

Anuupdates

Unfortunately, there is no use in contacting Evasive. They are not open do making any other wheel specs. Titan 7's method is to offer just a single size which is why getting it right from the beginning was important. Those who began this saw differently. I have given up on this as much as I'd like the wheels.

Not really. You'd have to do a stress analysis to see how much strength was given up. There are bolts thru the rotor into the hub whose heads must be cleared by the wheel. Those recesses will clear the bold heads. So they do serve a purpose.

If the back of my wheels were like that, I wouldn't have needed to remove the rotor screw.

Guys, I'm not talking about cut-outs between the lug bolt holes (where the bolt holding the brake rotor to the hub sits). I'm talking about the area immediately around the lug bolt holes being recessed by a couple of mm and not making contact with the hub.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911