Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy Poll for Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan

What size what you prefer for Mono-Block Forged Wheels for the Model 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_9734.jpg
    IMG_9734.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 143
MY #1 CHOICE
Titan T-S5 in Satin Titanium
Wheel Diameter: 19" Square
Front Wheel size : 19" x 9.0"
Rear Wheel size: 19" x 9.0"
Offset: +30

Another vote for 19x9" square, with 30 offset! Though this isn't an option in either poll?!?
  • slightly more grip than stock, while not sacrificing too much range
  • 30 offset provides 10mm/.4in more track width
  • square, so easy tire rotation
  • good selection of tires in this size
My concern is 9.5 will sacrifice too much range. While 9.5 is only 1" wider than stock, that 1 inch is +12% wider, which is significant

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Yes it is too dark. My M3 color is Midnight Silver and that Titanium color is as dark but does not match. Your wheels either have to match the color of the car or if they don't, they need to contrast it. The Titanium does neither but clashes with the color. This is why in their videos you never see a dark silver car shown with their wheels. White looks great and light silver looks great with Titanium.
Good point. I'm getting a MSM TM3 and was leaning towards the titanium, but might have to get the black now.

Anyone with a MSM TM3 with the titanium wheels, please post pics.

does anyone have good info regarding how Titan is able to get the wheels to this price point? Other manufacturers are charging $1K per rim, so I'm wondering why the price diff is so drastic. Is it simply because they can, or are there quantifiable things like keeping everything in house, different materials used, etc?

Titan Wheels History

I was chatting with Steve at EAS, and he mentioned there was a new forged rim coming to market soon that might be worth a look. He said the company was new, but the founder had worked in the wheel industry for a long time. It was called Titan 7. I looked into them a bit, and thought the wheels were attractive, but they weren't shipping yet, so I didn't put much effort into it.

Then in January, I was at Chuckwalla doing a Bimmer Challenge, and Titan 7 had a booth. So, I wandered over to say hi and ask a few questions. Eddie Lee, who is the founder, was in the booth and we ended up chatting for 45 minutes. He's a very nice guy who has a lot of industry experience and he patiently answered all my dumb questions. After that conversation, I was interested in the wheels. The T-R10 seemed to meet all the criteria in my list:

-They are claimed to be very strong due to a 10,000 ton press being used to shape the aluminum.
-This 10,000 ton pressing process also results in the rims being quite stiff and resistant to deflection under high-G loads.
-They are lighter than the ARC-8's. ARC-8 - 20.5 lbs versus T-R10 - 19.5 lbs (The T-S5 style is 18.8 lbs.)

does anyone have good info regarding how Titan is able to get the wheels to this price point? Other manufacturers are charging $1K per rim, so I'm wondering why the price diff is so drastic. Is it simply because they can, or are there quantifiable things like keeping everything in house, different materials used, etc?

VS Forged sells forged wheels in the $600-$700 range so I don't think their price point is that unbelievable.

I think its a hybrid of a couple different things, new company trying to go mainstream, all inhouse production, marketing, distribution and limited reseller network.

Also the legacy companies spend alot of monies marketing their stuff. hell there are whole magazines that support this industry.

Wheels and Heels Magazine Print Edition Current and Back Issues
Wheels and Heels Magazine.jpg

Last edited: