Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy Poll for Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan

What size what you prefer for Mono-Block Forged Wheels for the Model 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2018-8-12_22-39-8.png

So, in stock setups, the fronts change from +ET40 to +ET35 when going from square to staggered? Is this basically because staggered is more of a performance config so Tesla wanted a wider front setup? Any other reason? Seems like a change they didn't need to make considering how hesitant they've been to support different configurations for manufacturing complexity reasons ...

We now have a distributor and pricing! Pricing will be lower than I originally posted. More info as I document all the details!!! Shooting for less than $2K in the 19 inch fitment!
This is terrific news. I changed my config from 19" sport wheels back to aeros because of this thread, and I'm even more excited than before now. Delivery timing-wise, it's only going to cost me a few weeks. Supposedly.

View attachment 325315

So, in stock setups, the fronts change from +ET40 to +ET35 when going from square to staggered? Is this basically because staggered is more of a performance config so Tesla wanted a wider front setup? Any other reason? Seems like a change they didn't need to make considering how hesitant they've been to support different configurations for manufacturing complexity reasons ...
I am assuming it was a choice of balance to promote less understeer and to keep excess positive scrub radius from negatively affecting the handling

• Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
This is terrific news. I changed my config from 19" sport wheels back to aeros because of this thread, and I'm even more excited than before now. Delivery timing-wise, it's only going to cost me a few weeks. Supposedly.
Likewise, glad I dropped the Performance upgrades, Looks like these wheels will be a nice upgrade and I'm actually partial to the darker titanium silver look, should be nice on my DBM P3D, I didn't want to run the stock wheels for long, even nice wheels.

Reactions: debuggr
View attachment 325315

The difference in offset for staggered set-up is so that the outside of the wheels are in line (or close to inline).

• Informative
Reactions: debuggr
Here's a question,
As the performance pack comes with 20" wheels and the 20" Michelin tires, do you:
A - Go with a new forged 20x8.5 wheel, mount the stock Michelins on those and then find 20" winter tires to go on the stock wheels?
B - Stick with stock 20" setup for summer, get 19" forged wheels and tires for winter?
C - Stick with stock 20" setup for summer, get cheap 19" wheels because it's winter and no ones is outside to look at your car anyway?
D - Get forged 20" wheels and sell the stock 20" wheels, do whatever other option you want for winter?

Tesla's 19" winter tire package is $3500 and it sounds like this group buy could net a new set of 19" (maybe 20") wheels and winter tires for less than that.
But why would you want a set of forged wheels for winter use over summer use?

Wanted to bring attention to a post in another thread regarding the performance upgrade package rotors and calipers.

It looks like the center hub has a ~3mm lip with a larger diameter. Check it out: P3D+ misc info and pics- wheel weight, calipers, suspension

Would Titan 7 be willing to to accommodate this lip in the design?

Good point, and its something that all of the performance folks should note, about this extra lip on the bigger brake kit of the Performance upgrade package. I went for the stock sized brakes myself, but others may be surprised by this if they aren't paying attention.

Reactions: nalang