Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Group Buy - Self Presenting Doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BoringMod

Former Vendor
Sep 3, 2019
So Cal
Organizing a group buy on Self Presenting Model 3 Doors.

Once someone comes up to car with a key the door handle will pop out, so it’s easier to grab the slim portion of the handle. This is like the Model S doors.

Let me if you are interested:)

Organizing a group buy on Self Presenting Model 3 Doors.

Once someone comes up to car with a key the door handle will pop out, so it’s easier to grab the slim portion of the handle. This is like the Model S doors.

Let me if you are interested:)
Is it for the driver only, all the doors at the same time, or whatever door detect the Bluetooth phone App first, like a front or rear passenger?

Does this include the soft-closing doors?
I’d also like more details on how they’re accomplishing these things (CAN bus use?), any possible impact on safety (eg if power goes out), as well as the costs for installation.

Does this include the soft-closing doors?
I’d also like more details on how they’re accomplishing these things (CAN bus use?), any possible impact on safety (eg if power goes out), as well as the costs for installation.

you can likely purchase with our without the soft close doors, I will be contacting 2-3 manufacturers to see that the best price is and also the safest option. At this time I have found one supplier where the system does not connect to canbus but that one will require a manual push of the fat portion and then the slim part of the handle will automatically swing out.

• Informative
Reactions: Jazz_MIII