Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy: Southern California/West Side: Tint/PPF/Ceramic via Concours Auto Spa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Concoursthe other day and they had 3 model 3's with one that had just completed a Full Front PPF wrap. It was very difficult to see the seams and they're definitely custom. I'll be getting my Tint + Console Wrap at Rodz, while my PPF done at Concours.
I was thinking the same setup - do you know if the PPF is just a one day job (eg drop off at 8am and pickup at 5)?

GTec has zero maintenance as noted and many people have had it installed with no issues.

Modesta requires yearly maintenance. Modesta pricing was there intiialy in March but things have changed.

Does anyone have any info on how the new ceramic coating he’s using (gtec serum) compares to Modesta? I had never heard of it and was mainly interested in the group by because of the pricing for Modesta (which usually 50-100% more expensive).

• Helpful
Reactions: SoCalGuy
View attachment 337057 View attachment 337059 I have done the full front PPF, tint, luggage strip and 4 month Wax back in April. Everything looked great and Doug and his guys were great to work with. After 4 months, instead of getting Wax again, I opted to go with the 10 year ceramic coating. After a month with the coating, I wish I had gone with it in the first place. A car wash lasts longer and the road dust doesn’t cling to car. I drive over 25K a year and live and work close to the 405. It is a huge investment but slitting the cost seemed to take the sting out of it for me. Now with the full package on my car after 4 months, I am eligible for the next round of rebates.
What % did you get on the tint?

Front windshield isn’t included in the $580 Tint price.

Unless things have changed but the front windshield is included in the $580 price. I spoke directly to Doug. That's exactly how much I paid for mine and it was actually going to be cheaper if I opted not to. I think the confusion is with the glass directly above the drivers head, that portion of the glass is not included.

@Ronnie Aloha not a problem! If you got a better deal, better for you!

@LadeeLotus 100% agree. They did a fantastic job. Looking at my car now I wish I would've done 20% instead of the 30%. The 30% is dark enough to get by but if it were just a little darker, it would be perfect.

Sorry you are right, I was confusing it for the top panel version.

Unless things have changed but the front windshield is included in the $580 price. I spoke directly to Doug. That's exactly how much I paid for mine and it was actually going to be cheaper if I opted not to. I think the confusion is with the glass directly above the drivers head, that portion of the glass is not included.

@LadeeLotus 100% agree. They did a fantastic job. Looking at my car now I wish I would've done 20% instead of the 30%. The 30% is dark enough to get by but if it were just a little darker, it would be perfect.

Dropped mine off this morning. Was hesitating about 20% and Doug thought it would be too dark haha, but **** it. Hope I don't get a ticket case it's too noticable.

Reactions: BOBEDIGITL
Dropped mine off this morning. Was hesitating about 20% and Doug thought it would be too dark haha, but **** it. Hope I don't get a ticket case it's too noticable.

@nekef1r I doubt you'll be disappointed. There's been a good amount of people that have said the same thing. At least for me, if I could, I'd go darker. Hopefully you like it! Would love to see pics when it's finished. What color did you get?

@nekef1r I doubt you'll be disappointed. There's been a good amount of people that have said the same thing. At least for me, if I could, I'd go darker. Hopefully you like it! Would love to see pics when it's finished. What color did you get?
Hope so, thanks. I'll post some pics this weekend and let you know if 20% is too dark at night. Probably not going to be a problem since we have the camera. My car is white.