Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy: Southern California/West Side: Tint/PPF/Ceramic via Concours Auto Spa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, just wanted to let you all know that i got my $300 rebate today from Doug. I was on the list on the original thread and my car was done back in early July. According to Doug, the 20th car was just done on Friday...so even though it took a little time, you will get your rebate!

I am back!! So we are well into our 2nd batch of 20x,

Here is what I have for qualified peeps from the first batch of 20x.

(First initial, Last Name)

SREISS
JMADELVILLE
APELATT
JENCARNACION
ATRAN
SHIGGINS
DBAUMAN
RLEE
NLLANDA
KNGUYEN
VBORGONIO
AMAGANLLI
IYEN
BSHYONG
TTHEINKOSOL
ATANG
KOTA
JTAM
ERAMOS
ANECHAY

I will get with Doug to start the process for processing rebates this week and should take about 5 days for it to show up, please PM me if you think your name should have been on here on the first batch.

This was the list posted by @mobilesuit818 from the original thread. I would definitely reach out and PM him as this list my not be accurate...I'm on this list and he just let me know that I'm actually on the next round of 20.

Hi All, just wanted to let you all know that i got my $300 rebate today from Doug. I was on the list on the original thread and my car was done back in early July. According to Doug, the 20th car was just done on Friday...so even though it took a little time, you will get your rebate!

@ChunkyJ was Doug referring to the the 20th car of the first batch or the second?

This was the list posted by @mobilesuit818 from the original thread. I would definitely reach out and PM him as this list my not be accurate...I'm on this list and he just let me know that I'm actually on the next round of 20.

@ChunkyJ was Doug referring to the the 20th car of the first batch or the second?

I believe Doug is on the 2nd batch right now, and I just booked my full package as either the 7th of 8th (out of 20) on batch #2. As more people utilize Concours, we can get our rebates out faster.

I went with the following:
  • Full Front PPF + Rocker + Luggage Strip
  • Cermaic (GTechniq CSU plus Exo Topper)
  • Tint (80 front, 30 on all sides + back)

Hey guys, just wanted to update here that I just got my rebate today—heard from Doug that they are going through the list.

They did an awesome job on my car!

I did the following back in July:
  • Full front PPF
  • Ceramic coating GTechniq CSU plus Exo Topper
  • Chrome delete
  • Calipers

I believe Doug is on the 2nd batch right now, and I just booked my full package as either the 7th of 8th (out of 20) on batch #2. As more people utilize Concours, we can get our rebates out faster.

I went with the following:
  • Full Front PPF + Rocker + Luggage Strip
  • Cermaic (GTechniq CSU plus Exo Topper)
  • Tint (80 front, 30 on all sides + back)

I booked my appointment o think on Saturday for Full Fromt PPF, Ceramic, Tint for the Marina Del Rey location. Doug told me I was number 19 of 20.

My understanding is its the first batch as my name is on the list for the first batch by @mobilesuit818

Hey guys, just wanted to update here that I just got my rebate today—heard from Doug that they are going through the list.

They did an awesome job on my car!

I did the following back in July:
  • Full front PPF
  • Ceramic coating GTechniq CSU plus Exo Topper
  • Chrome delete
  • Calipers
Painted calipers? How much?

Also, I already got my car tinted at Rodz. If I get the frontal PPF and ceramic coating, will I still qualify for the $300 rebate?

Last edited:

Also, I already got my car tinted at Rodz. If I get the frontal PPF and ceramic coating, will I still qualify for the $300 rebate?

I had a deposit at Rodz, and had this exact scenario. He told me nope, so I canceled my Deposit at Rodz. You should try to ask about that chrome delete though, or maybe some other service (powder coating wheels?).

I had a deposit at Rodz, and had this exact scenario. He told me nope, so I canceled my Deposit at Rodz. You should try to ask about that chrome delete though, or maybe some other service (powder coating wheels?).
Yeah I mean if I’m spending $2600 ($1300 for ill frontal ppf and $1300 for ceramic coating), I would think that a group buy should give you at least 10% off, right? The 3M Crystalline deal at Rodz actually came out to around 20% off or so which is a great deal (it’s now about 25% off).

Let's remember it's about how many cars they've completed, not how many appointments they have booked. They might have 19 booked that we know of but have probably only worked on half of that. Remember these guys are booked a few weeks out.

Let's remember it's about how many cars they've completed, not how many appointments they have booked. They might have 19 booked that we know of but have probably only worked on half of that. Remember these guys are booked a few weeks out.
Rebates are continually going out, but keep in mind rebates are only for complete packages (full front+ceramic coating+tint). Additionally 1 out of 8 or so appointments booked are for a complete package.

Reactions: BOBEDIGITL

Does anyone have any info on how the new ceramic coating he’s using (gtec serum) compares to Modesta? I had never heard of it and was mainly interested in the group by because of the pricing for Modesta (which usually 50-100% more expensive).
Yes, if you get the full front, coating, and something equal to the tint. Chrome delete or paint calipers.

@dougatconcours Great to see you here! I had a few questions...

- are the Crystal Serum Light and Crystal Serum Ultra options just 1 layer of coating?
- how would you describe difference between Crystal Serum Ultra vs with the EXO topper?
- do the coating packages include coating glass and rims?
- if I just do front PPF (no ceramic coating), is the area under the PPF paint corrected/enhanced before laying on the PPF?
- At Torrance location, how far out is first available booking for just tint? for full package?

Thanks!

Is the tinting price something special for this group buy, or normal price?

I went to a local place that gets good reviews, and they are quoting me $1400.

W
That takes balls to try a full satin wrap.

I’m considering the same but how did it look in your honest opinion?

Both the quality of job and aesthetics of the vehicle?
Without a doubt it takes some courage, BUT the results are amazing. We finished three last week, look for them to post photos.

@dougatconcours Great to see you here!

I highly recommend Concours Auto Spa. I have a discerning eye when it comes to fit and finish of a car and I can say that Concours did excellent work on my brother's blue Model 3. Doug is very good to work with and has been very accommodating to our several failed delivery attempts. I look forward to having Concours work on my red Model 3 when I take delivery.