Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy: Southern California/West Side: Tint/PPF/Ceramic via Concours Auto Spa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car back, super happy with the results. Extra thanks to Concours/Brett for noticing issues with the bumper coloring.....thanks tesla grrrr.

Here is a shot from the backside.....that is the 20 tint. Will get more latter today in some good lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_20181005_114607_01.jpg
    IMG_20181005_114607_01.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: BOBEDIGITL
I believe Doug is on the 2nd batch right now, and I just booked my full package as either the 7th of 8th (out of 20) on batch #2. As more people utilize Concours, we can get our rebates out faster.

I went with the following:
  • Full Front PPF + Rocker + Luggage Strip
  • Cermaic (GTechniq CSU plus Exo Topper)
  • Tint (80 front, 30 on all sides + back)

I wanted you all to hear it from horse's (me) mouth....we are actually on the THIRD set of 20 and are on number 7. In other words,
47 people have purchased the "group buy". Delays are coming in with rejects for delivery and dates getting bounced around. Trying our best to accommodate those who rejected a car then pick one up a week or two later.

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
I wanted you all to hear it from horse's (me) mouth....we are actually on the THIRD set of 20 and are on number 7. In other words,
47 people have purchased the "group buy". Delays are coming in with rejects for delivery and dates getting bounced around. Trying our best to accommodate those who rejected a car then pick one up a week or two later.

Hi Doug, thanks for the update! When you say you're on the 3rd set and on number 7, do you mean total appointments or packages that qualify for the rebate?

@dougatconcours Great to see you here! I had a few questions...

- are the Crystal Serum Light and Crystal Serum Ultra options just 1 layer of coating?
- how would you describe difference between Crystal Serum Ultra vs with the EXO topper?
- do the coating packages include coating glass and rims?
- if I just do front PPF (no ceramic coating), is the area under the PPF paint corrected/enhanced before laying on the PPF?
- At Torrance location, how far out is first available booking for just tint? for full package?

Thanks!

Hi sorry for the delay.

-Yes, they are both one layer. Please don't buy into the more layers of the same product is better, it's just not necessary. Great way to sell more product though. I will also add, NO YEARLY MAINTENANCE in other words you don't pay $300 a year to add yet another layer of coating....
-Crystal Serum Ultra can be a stand alone product that lasts 9 years. EXO has a shorter life 3 years. The two combined give you the best characteristics of both.
-Yes, area under PPF is washed, clayed, polished, washed again with a strip soap, alcohol wiped, then PPF is applied.
-November 16th (as of Oct 8th @ 9:00am) for either or both.

• Helpful
Reactions: P3D+
Thank you @dougatconcours for the fantastic work on my Model 3.

Thank you @mobilesuit818 for organizing the group buy and introducing Doug to the TMC community as a reputable resource to work with.

Work performed:

• 360 PPF in Suntek Matte with sensor cut outs.
  • Chrome Delete in 3M gloss black except for Tesla badges.
  • Powdercoat wheels in gloss black.
  • Ceramic coat for matte finish.
  • Center Console wrap in Suntek Matte

I am glad I took my vehicle to Concours and have felt confident recommending others to Doug. As busy as he is, I appreciated how responsive he has been to my questions/concerns and other customers.

IMG_0952.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

Photography Credit: @Jedi2155

Last edited: