Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group buy with Get Detailed- PPF and Tinting (GTA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for chiming in. From speaking with the owner of the car, he did say you would re-do or refund him so that's great. It's also great that you're willing to host potential clients to showcase the work. Unfortunately from what we saw first hand did not leave a great impression. I would like to see a successful installation by Get Detailed. Hopefully in person.

Mine's being worked on right now (full wrap, ceramic tint 35%). I dropped her off incidentally June 16. :p

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Hey all,

So I went to the M3OC meet up at the Vaughan Mills Supercharger last night. I met up with a gentleman who took his car to Get Detailed for a full PPF wrap and ceramic coating. And I have to say.....the PPF job was horrendous!

We went over the car and saw the film peeling away in some areas, bubbling, the wrap around the edges of the frunk was loosening and forming distortions under the frunk edges, there were scratches in the PPF, uneven exposed edges on the front bumper (especially in critical parts where rocks are likely to hit), etc.

All in all, the job looked pretty terrible. The person whose car we were looking at was rightfully very upset. He spent a lot of money and came out with very amateur looking results. So I'm very hesitant to throw money at Get Detailed at this point.

Was this the midnight grey that had the peeling of “fingers” on the top of the front bumper?

Last edited:
thanks for the post

with this information i will be hesitant too now in forming this group buy. if someone else has gotten their cars wrapped in PPF, please let us know.

otherwise I will not be taking my car there either
I got my PPF and CPro done there and am happy with the result. They even discussed doing a custom job that fit in between the standard packages (between ½ front and full front) and other steps to get what I wanted.

Reactions: Kor770
Soooo .... one of the main questions that still remained unanswered ...
What is the Group Buy pricing from GetDetailed?? ...

For myself, i'm interested in:

PPF:
- front half hood
- front half fender
- bumper also option

Ceramic Pro:
- how many layers of what at what price?
- where?
- windshield?

Tinting:
- ceramic (heat and UV resist)
- side windows only (no rear, no top tinting)

As Hamza is here, perhaps he can shed some light on group purchase possibilities?

Soooo .... one of the main questions that still remained unanswered ...
What is the Group Buy pricing from GetDetailed?? ...

For myself, i'm interested in:

PPF:
- front half hood
- front half fender
- bumper also option

Ceramic Pro:
- how many layers of what at what price?
- where?
- windshield?

Tinting:
- ceramic (heat and UV resist)
- side windows only (no rear, no top tinting)

As Hamza is here, perhaps he can shed some light on group purchase possibilities?

I was waiting for the weekend to past to finalize numbers for the group buy before getting the group buy price from Hamza. However, owners that were previously interested in the group buy got concerned after seeing (or reading) the PPF wrap done in person.

I'm interested in seeing the wrap for @enwhy and @Safari .

Also at the request of Hamza, he doesn't want the group buy price to be posted publicly. I will start a private thread to confirm if users that posted in this thread are still interested and will go from there.

Please PM me if you want to be included in these conversations. Because TMC only allows for 5 users to be added to one private conversation, I will start a few up.

I'm interested in seeing the wrap for @enwhy and @Safari .

Some quick shots of the front end, a little over two months since the PPF was applied. No issues so far and the edges and corners are great.

Attachments

• IMG_2840.jpg
    IMG_2840.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2841 2.jpg
    IMG_2841 2.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2841.jpg
    IMG_2841.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2842.jpg
    IMG_2842.jpg