Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group buy with Get Detailed- PPF and Tinting (GTA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*I had posted this in the general Model 3 but wanted to post it here in case fellow members don't read that forum.

Hi guys,

I spoke with Hamza this afternoon and he is willing to offer a Group Buy depending on the number of parties interested in PPF and Window Tinting for the Model 3. His current prices for PPF is as follows:

Xpel Gold $1750 - this package includes:
- Full Hood
-Full Fenders
-Full Front Bumper
-Side mirrors
(this process is a 48 hour turn around time and is warrantied for 10 years)

Xpel Silver $1050 - this package incluldes:
- Partial hood
-Partial Fenders
- Full Front bumper
(this process is a 48 hour turn around time and is warrantied for 10 years)
*he may throw in the side mirrors too (will confirm once we get numbers)

Xpel Bronze$600 - this package incluldes:
- Partial hood
-Partial Fenders
(this process is a 24 hour turn around time and is warrantied for 10 years)

*For PPF for the entire car, you will have to speak with him yourself as pricing will depend on customization

He also offers tinting and will be do the rear window in one piece. However, he will ONLY do tinting for the car in combination with PPF.

Tinting will be $400 and will be using Xpel Prime XR.

Please respond to this thread if you are interested so I can find out the group buy discount.

Thanks

I'm interested. Just FYI I've seen a quote from Hamza recently for $1700 for the Gold PPF and $380 for the tint. So it would have to be better than that to be enticing for a group buy.

Any information as to what paint prep is done before hand? Also does he wrap around the edges? These are all major factors for some folks. Any pics of his work would be great as well.

Thanks!

• Helpful
Reactions: TrevTremaine
I'm interested. Just FYI I've seen a quote from Hamza recently for $1700 for the Gold PPF and $380 for the tint. So it would have to be better than that to be enticing for a group buy.

Any information as to what paint prep is done before hand? Also does he wrap around the edges? These are all major factors for some folks. Any pics of his work would be great as well.

Thanks!
Thanks for this info I can use this info to negotiate with him if we have enough people interested.

I emailed him first before calling him and to prepare the cars for PPF he said "Every vehicle receives a 3 step decontamination prep wash before application to ensure a perfect adhesion"

I can also ask him about whether he wraps around the edges.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics to share. They seem to get really good reviews though.

His website is Getdetailed.ca

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Just to share with everyone, I did go to Get Detailed to get a quote for ceramic coating on the Model 3. They use Ceramic Pro and they no longer do Opti Coat. These are their regular prices, not a group buy price.

Gold Exterior - Lifetime warranty
4 layers of 9H on paintwork & trim
1 layer of Light on paintwork & trim
1 layer of Wheel & Caliper on wheel faces
1 layer of Rain on windshield & glass
$1600

Silver Exterior - Lifetime warranty
1 layer of 9H on paintwork & trim
$1000

Bronze Exterior - Lifetime warranty
$600

Just spoke with Hamza again.

Preparation for the car prior to PPF has already been posted above but he also indicated that he saw a lot of sand marks on the Model 3. They will polish those for free too.

With respect to wrapping the edges, he said they will wrap edges where it won't compromise the wrap. Warranty on the wraps don't cover edges. They don't wrap edges on the bumper but will wrap the hood and fenders as long as it works. Another reason why some edges are not wrapped is because those areas are easy to peel

I'm going to wait till the end of the weekend to get the confirmation of numbers and then I'll contact him again for the group buy amount.

Last edited:

Preparation for the car prior to PPF has already been posted above but he also indicated that he saw a lot of sand marks on the Model 3. They will polish those for free too.

With respect to wrapping the edges, he said they will wrap edges where it won't compromise the wrap. Warranty on the wraps don't cover edges. They don't wrap edges on the bumper but will wrap the hood and fenders as long as it works. Another reason why some edges are not wrapped is because those areas are easy to peel

I'm going to wait till the end of the weekend to get the confirmation of numbers and then I'll contact him again for the group buy amount.

Thank you for your efforts.

Just to clarify, its the manufacturer that doesn't cover the warranty on edges, not hamza and his shop.