Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group buy with Get Detailed- PPF and Tinting (GTA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

So I went to the M3OC meet up at the Vaughan Mills Supercharger last night. I met up with a gentleman who took his car to Get Detailed for a full PPF wrap and ceramic coating. And I have to say.....the PPF job was horrendous!

We went over the car and saw the film peeling away in some areas, bubbling, the wrap around the edges of the frunk was loosening and forming distortions under the frunk edges, there were scratches in the PPF, uneven exposed edges on the front bumper (especially in critical parts where rocks are likely to hit), etc.

All in all, the job looked pretty terrible. The person whose car we were looking at was rightfully very upset. He spent a lot of money and came out with very amateur looking results. So I'm very hesitant to throw money at Get Detailed at this point.

Hey all,

So I went to the M3OC meet up at the Vaughan Mills Supercharger last night. I met up with a gentleman who took his car to Get Detailed for a full PPF wrap and ceramic coating. And I have to say.....the PPF job was horrendous!

We went over the car and saw the film peeling away in some areas, bubbling, the wrap around the edges of the frunk was loosening and forming distortions under the frunk edges, there were scratches in the PPF, uneven exposed edges on the front bumper (especially in critical parts where rocks are likely to hit), etc.

All in all, the job looked pretty terrible. The person whose car we were looking at was rightfully very upset. He spent a lot of money and came out with very amateur looking results. So I'm very hesitant to throw money at Get Detailed at this point.

thanks for the post

with this information i will be hesitant too now in forming this group buy. if someone else has gotten their cars wrapped in PPF, please let us know.

otherwise I will not be taking my car there either

Hey all,

How old was the wrap job? What wrap is it? Xpel? Did he go back for warranty? Was the wrap itself faulty or installer issue? Has Get Detailed responded?

I think we should understand both sides.

Reactions: TorqueIt
How old was the wrap job? What wrap is it? Xpel? Did he go back for warranty? Was the wrap itself faulty or installer issue? Has Get Detailed responded?

I think we should understand both sides.
It was around a week or two old.
It was xpel ultimate.
He is still trying to determine if he should get them to fix it or just remove it and pursue a refund which I believe Get Detailed said they were willing to accommodate.
It definitely seemed like an installation issue due to the amount of panels that had glaring flaws. It was mostly finishing issues.

I do not know if he has had a discussion with them between last night and now.

I'm only providing feedback on what I saw. @bishtheone saw it as well. Not sure if he would like to provide his thoughts about it.

• Informative
Reactions: enwhy
This is my own opinion based on what Tony_YYZ and myself saw at the meet on Saturday June 16th, 2018.

A Model 3, which was wrapped by Get Detailed was present.

Upon approaching the Model 3, you could see peeling of the wrap on the front doors, by the front fenders.

Areas of the Model 3 were not fully covered by the wrap // one spot in particular that really concerned me was where the FRUNK and FRONT Bumper meet. There were obviously and blatant spots not wrapped properly at all, bubbling, peeling, missed spots, not fully measured or cut properly. I'd hazard a guess that I could probably do it better myself. (I did my own Ceramic Coating on my own Model 3)

Personally, I paid // and continue to pay a lot of money for this Model 3 and from what I saw, as a Model 3 Community, when things like this happen - it sorta hurts me - to think that my money or that of other Model 3 owners could be disrespected like that. - - - ugh.

From what the owner said - some reasonable options and recourse was offered - which is awesome. But i think some places just need more Model 3's under their belt before they offer services. I would hope this is not the norm for this location.

I'd have to say, a lot of research and samples need to be provided to me prior to me doing anything to my car.
When I did my Tint - I asked for samples and looked at two other model 3's that the shop did // when I did my calipers same thing.

You have a right to interview people // if they are touching your assets // do the leg work. If they refuse to show you samples or aren't transparent enough // go elsewhere. ALL MY OWN OPINION - take it with a grain of salt.

I used to be heavily into the Import Scene about 10+ years ago // haven't been in the forum posting or car scene since then.

Hi Guys,

Hamza @ Get Detailed here. I am the owner and operator of the company. I wanted to address some of the concerns here.

Firstly we work with all of our clients to ensure they are 100% completely satisfied. If there are product/service problems we will fix them to the best of our abilities.

I recommend everyone that is participating in this group by to come to our shop and check out work out in person and judge the quality by yourself so you can make an educated decision. If everyone is open to it, we can host an evening where all interested participants can come by our shop (maybe this Wednesday or Thursday?) to see our work in person.

We wrap edges but most if not all film companies do not warranty this work.

The red was our first car done here, we are in the process of redoing that one.

Hi Guys,

Hamza @ Get Detailed here. I am the owner and operator of the company. I wanted to address some of the concerns here.

Firstly we work with all of our clients to ensure they are 100% completely satisfied. If there are product/service problems we will fix them to the best of our abilities.

I recommend everyone that is participating in this group by to come to our shop and check out work out in person and judge the quality by yourself so you can make an educated decision. If everyone is open to it, we can host an evening where all interested participants can come by our shop (maybe this Wednesday or Thursday?) to see our work in person.

Happy to hear it's being redone // Also from what I understand - the options offered and the fact that you are redoing it speaks volumes in terms of customer service abilities. Happy to hear it's being corrected.

Reactions: TDog and McCaesar
Hi Guys,

Thanks for chiming in. From speaking with the owner of the car, he did say you would re-do or refund him so that's great. It's also great that you're willing to host potential clients to showcase the work. Unfortunately from what we saw first hand did not leave a great impression. I would like to see a successful installation by Get Detailed. Hopefully in person.

thanks @Hamza for giving us more info.

Does anyone have time to check out his shop??

Let me also add that everyone time I spoke with Hamza to obtain the pricing for the group buy, he had a great attitude and was very patient in answering all the questions.

Even when I was asking about the PPF wrap, he did not try to upsell the full wrap of the car but gave an honest opinion on the pros and cons of the different PPF coverage they offer.

Hey all,

Hi Tony - I was the one who had my car done at GetDetailed. To be fair to Hamza and his team, I wasn't upset. It was just done a bit rushed, and needed another day to get it right. I wanted the car to bring to the M3OC, so that was the compromise. He is going to fix the bubbling, and redo it for free. Dont think that this was a bad job!!! I will post new pictures when it is all redone!!

Reactions: McCaesar