Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Groupbuy for auto trunk close and open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting product, and one I may be interested in if the price was more in line with what you actually get. A product like this, in my opinion only, should sell for around $349.99, not nearly $700. Might be interested if the discount were greater than 20%. Is the vender willing to offer a larger discount if more than 20% sign up?

Edit: After looking at the installation manual and video, there's a lot of tear-down required to install this, including the labor intensive removal of the rear bumper (for foot sensor, if ordered) and running power wires to the front of the car. Too much stuff to remove and replace, creating potential rattles and scratches, but to more automate the opening and closing of the trunk. What about the Frunk?

Again, hat's off to the creator of this new accessory as Tesla should have offered this and Homelink as factory options at time of order. Not sure tearing the car apart and tapping into the wire harnesses is a good idea while the car is still under warranty...

Last edited:
Interesting product, and one I may be interested in if the price was more in line with what you actually get. A product like this, in my opinion only, should sell for around $349.99, not nearly $700. Might be interested if the discount were greater than 20%. Is the vender willing to offer a larger discount if more than 20% sign up?

Edit: After looking at the installation manual and video, there's a lot of tear-down required to install this, including the labor intensive removal of the rear bumper (for foot sensor, if ordered) and running power wires to the front of the car. Too much stuff to remove and replace, creating potential rattles and scratches, but to more automate the opening and closing of the trunk. What about the Frunk?

Again, hat's off to the creator of this new accessory as Tesla should have offered this and Homelink as factory options at time of order. Not sure tearing the car apart and tapping into the wire harnesses is a good idea while the car is still under warranty...

As of now, 20% is the best.