Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GRP IS OFFERING TAIL LAMP GROUPBUY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a pretty common issue with that company’s lotus tail lamps. Sorry to hear, let’s try and keep this thread to GRP tails.

S111/inno & T hat company are garbage.
In my opinion and the opinion of many other lotus/DRAKAN owners.
We are keeping it to GRP taillights...essentially saying we need better ones from Greg since our current ones are failing. And both of us have placed orders!

Reactions: ra88it
Thank you everyone for the interest in the lights!
And thank you to Matt and Michael for the help with info and getting us a set of stock lamps to use for modeling.
Plan is to get fully caught up with our backlog of Lotus lights then tackle the Tesla versions.
We had some delays happen due to covid shutdowns etc from some vendors which has put us behind where we would like to be but we are working hard to get caught up.
I would like to start by doing lots of 10 sets so as to not get backlogged and have guys waiting with money out of pocket for too long.
Once the 10th set is built and shipped we can move onto the next 10 and so on.
The lights will mimic our V3 lights for the Lotus Elise/Exige with the same shape and build-out, just sized accordingly. They will be plug and play with oem wiring plugs on each light -- no splicing or soldering required.
Also they will be sized to fit into the oem housing but also will be available with carbon light panel housings once we get those molded and ready to go (likely sometime around August)
I will report back here with progress and pictures as soon as possible!
When for carbon housing???

I have an update from Greg in an email dated July 19. Greg said:

Hi Foster
We are finally starting to get caught up on our Lotus lights and will be able to put some effort into the Tesla ones again soon!
Likely about 3-4 weeks and we will be caught up then will start modeling the Tesla units.
We will make an announcement once we have them ready.

Thank you,
Greg

I just received my set this week in time for our meetup! Installed these last night! Just a heads up, it took a little more time than i had anticipated. It involves some wire snipping, splicing and heat shrinking. The hole for the keylock was a little too small on mine, so I had to modify the diameter, but nothing sketchy or deal breaking about the assembly. I think they look great! I can include some step by steps if you guys are interested, but I think I had seen that in another forum somewhere.

Carbon Taillights 2.jpg

Attachments

• Carbon Taillights.jpg
    Carbon Taillights.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: eHorses
I just received my set this week in time for our meetup! Installed these last night! Just a heads up, it took a little more time than i had anticipated. It involves some wire snipping, splicing and heat shrinking. The hole for the keylock was a little too small on mine, so I had to modify the diameter, but nothing sketchy or deal breaking about the assembly. I think they look great! I can include some step by steps if you guys are interested, but I think I had seen that in another forum somewhere.

View attachment 840687
Wow, they look sharp. Please post the step-by-steps. Thanks

Reactions: Hsujonn
I have an update from Greg in an email dated July 19. Greg said:

Hi Foster
We are finally starting to get caught up on our Lotus lights and will be able to put some effort into the Tesla ones again soon!
Likely about 3-4 weeks and we will be caught up then will start modeling the Tesla units.
We will make an announcement once we have them ready.

Thank you,
Greg
I emailed Greg Sunday and stated a bunch of the Roadster owners want in on the tail lights. Let us know when we can do a bulk buy purchase. Guess I'll be the POC for the group. His response Monday:
Hi Foster,
I will try and keep you posted.
We are in the beginning stages of getting a new light design done and built. We plan to offer the Tesla lights along with those as well.