TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

GRRRRRRRRR. Another P convert here

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by brandonmbeard, Oct 9, 2013.

1. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

#1 brandonmbeard, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    It's been 30 days since I confirmed, and I finally gave into the P craze. I just got off the phone with ownership to upgrade my order to P85!

I almost upgraded 2 weeks ago but my DS said it wasn't possible. Leave it to tex to suggest ownership.

I blame Tex!

2. texex91

texex91 Banned

YES!!!!!

I will be happy to take that blame (and any gift cards) once you receive that bad to the bone P later this month :love:

You will not regret it one bit--very excited for you!

CONGRATS!!!

Do we need to have a discussion on the +? I'm here to help if you need. I'm keeping this small font, so maybe you won't see it LOL.

3. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

I'm not sure if I want to drop and additional $10K. I'm already eating into my aftermarket wheel budget.

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I was at the big event in Fremont when they rolled out the Model S, and Elon announced there would be a Performance option available from day 1. I remember thinking, "Wow Cool!!!" Followed immediately by "OH CRAP, there goes another $10k."

5. Cinematechs

Cinematechs Member

You made the right choice! Tex should receive commission!

6. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

I was kinda wanting to start a roadster fund with the extra $10K. Guess I'll just have to start it at zero now. Or wait until new roadster version comes out down the road.

7. ipryor

ipryor Member

Muhahahahahahahahaha. Tex should definitely get some commission on these. I know he had a part in my upgrade!

8. texex91

texex91 Banned

Well the good news is that would already include the pavement gripping 21" tires and rims (silver or grey your choice). So it's really only $6K'ish more for the jaw dropping +. Honestly just trying to help :cool:

My commission is visualizing that grin when you get it, and punch it for the first time. P(ower)!

Na, that's way too far down the road...and you won't start from zero if you trade this P for it 2-3 years from now.

9. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

I am pretty sure that he does ;) I bet he is paying for his ride with the commissions he earns from flipping reservations from S85 to P85+

10. texex91

texex91 Banned

I only wish :biggrin:.

In all fairness, I was in the same boat--I started with S, then quickly ordered a P after test drive, and bugged me all night, so ordered + the next morning.

So really just trying to help. They are all great cars.

Everyday I get into my +, am I'm just blown away how much more fun I have than in my 911.

Hands down, not only best car I've owned, but the most fun car I've owned.

11. Zextraterrestrial

I was thinking that there would be a lot of people that would go for it, not me though :wink:

I was wrong:tongue: just glad there was no P+ back then or I would have no TSLA!

12. David Rhee

David Rhee Member

Man! Texex is a real evangelist for P! Tesla is going to run out of PS very soon if this keeps up!

13. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

Mine too. :D

Congrats OP on the upgrade to the "P". Be sure to check in on my thread. I had a few moments of doubt after I pulled the Trigger on it, but that went away quickly and I've been thrilled ever since. You will not regret it. It jacks the fun factor up to 11.

14. 403portside

403portside Member

Tex -- I own a Carrera C2S. I bought it 3 yrs ago, and it's the car I've dreamt about owning for 30+ years. A few weeks ago, I never would have even considered buying an electric. Nor could I imagine living without my 911.

But I'm mesmerized by all that I've been reading on this forum. Especially about the P85+. Going to test drive one this Saturday at 11am. #scared.

15. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

#15 bareyb, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Time until 403portside orders a Tesla in 5...4...3... ;)

Be careful of that test drive. Your wallet may very well jump right out of your pocket. I thought I was there just to "check it out". Ended up ordering on the spot so I could get in line.

ETA: I upgraded from a S60 to a P85. It's like a unseen mystical force...

16. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

Safe money is here that you will reserve and confirm a P85+ on the spot :)

17. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

I had a 911 turbo and cayenne turbo and its no comparison to the Tesla. Sure the Turbos are fast, but I hated the lag. With the tesla it is like I am in boost all the time! Do it and don't look back. Also never got more attention in the 911 as much as the Tesla.

18. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Since you have done your research prior to this Saturday's test drive, just relax and enjoy the moments.
    And get ready for your next car, 'cause it is unlike anything you have ever driven.

Next thing you know, you will be over at the wall with the paint and interior finishes trying to make THOSE decisions, because you will be getting the P85+.
    And a HUGE grin.

19. texex91

texex91 Banned

Well this one won't be hard...bets anyone on a + :biggrin:

I was in the exact same boat as far as owning an electric car. One word--torque. Make sure to tell them you are coming out of a Porsche, and that you want to drive a P85+. Chances are it will be, but make sure. Have fun and enjoy--you will quickly forget you are in a 4 door car. Pls let us know on Sat your thoughts, that way we can start to help with your configuration...the load my P+ up button is the easiest :cool:

20. NoMoDinos

NoMoDinos Member

Awww crap, Texex... now you got me wanting the +. This forum is so bad for my CPA's heart...