Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gruber fire victims thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,
Been a while since I posted here and this is obviously not the sort of post I ever wanted to have to see or make. 1157 was mine and unfortunately perished in the fire. As devastated as I am, I feel even worse for folks who've owned their cars longer like @donauker who shared the picture of his car when he took delivery. 💔

@DrComputer , my dad and I were at the Roadster Roundup in Hawthorne back in 2019, I assume you attended so I'm sure I saw yours there and maybe even chatted with you in passing when chatting with the other folks there.

@ibcs , your car was beautiful. The pics you shared in the other thread are worthy of being used for marketing material.

I am making this post to connect with others whose vehicles were also destroyed. If anyone is interested, DM me or post here and I'll DM you so that we can exchange email addresses and communicate with each other and share information throughout the coming process.

My thoughts are with all of you and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Hi Sam this is Kelly calling you from Secura Insurance. I'm following up on the Gruber Motors fire claim number C0124435. My message today is unfortunately we do have a coverage issue with us with this claim and we are unable to offer anything at this time and we are not gonna be able to offer anything until we have every claim on file and that's quite a few. I know you told me you had American Collectors I would definitely file with them I gave them our information so they can get us their recovery to see where we're at with our coverage issue. We will be mailing you a letter and email will be coming in regards to this message that you have this for your file. But again unfortunately there is a coverage issue and that's pretty much all I can tell you. You were going to be a lot better filing with your insurance company at this time and then giving them our information for the recovery. Thank you so much and have a great day.

Gruber evidently was grossly under insured for a 35 car loss.
2008 Tesla Roadster #423

Hi Sam this is Kelly calling you from Secura Insurance. I'm following up on the Gruber Motors fire claim number C0124435. My message today is unfortunately we do have a coverage issue with us with this claim and we are unable to offer anything at this time and we are not gonna be able to offer anything until we have every claim on file and that's quite a few. I know you told me you had American Collectors I would definitely file with them I gave them our information so they can get us their recovery to see where we're at with our coverage issue. We will be mailing you a letter and email will be coming in regards to this message that you have this for your file. But again unfortunately there is a coverage issue and that's pretty much all I can tell you. You were going to be a lot better filing with your insurance company at this time and then giving them our information for the recovery. Thank you so much and have a great day.

Gruber evidently was grossly under insured for a 35 car loss.
2008 Tesla Roadster #423

It's always best to deal with your insurance company and let them deal back with the other party's insurer. After all, you're their client and you're not the client of Grueber's insurer.

Your insurer should pay the claim and then get paid back from Grueber's insurer via subrogation (and/or law suits). When (if) they get that payment they'll normally reimburse you the deductible (and any other unpaid costs you might have).

The private conversation side of the forum is limited to 5 participants and the moderator for that reason, I would suggest everyone post to this thread because we have more than 5 roadsters involved.

Reactions: croman
Guys,
I gotta say, I do not think it is a good idea to be airing some of this stuff publicly at this point. There will be a time for that once everyone is done with this process. In the meantime, I think we should be communicating privately about sensitive things like the insurance info. I have a small email list put together already. If you're interested in joining the list, DM me your email address and I'll loop you in.

Guys,
I gotta say, I do not think it is a good idea to be airing some of this stuff publicly at this point. There will be a time for that once everyone is done with this process. In the meantime, I think we should be communicating privately about sensitive things like the insurance info. I have a small email list put together already. If you're interested in joining the list, DM me your email address and I'll loop you in.
I would say email isn't great either unless it is used to setup voice/zoom meetings or to join a disappearing text app group.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I feel for you, this is a group no one wants to be part of, sucks.

I recently talked to Pete Gruber and he said that 5 brand new Auxiliary Power Supplies (APS) also burned in the fire. My car was not involved, just wanted to mention that many were affected also by the loss of parts.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911