Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GT Quartz coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - amateur here. Wondering whether anyone has heard of something called Gliptone GT Quartz coatings? There is a place near me that is offering these 2 packages for pretty cheap (see below). I look up GT Quartz and there's not much out there -- is this a reputable coating, or at least good enough?

• GT Quartz Nano Ceramic Exterior Gloss Package (~$280)
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Select
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Trim-Vinyl-Plastic on all exterior vinyl, rubber and plastic services
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Glass on the front windshield
    • Two-year protection
    • Paint correction not included
  • GT Quartz Nano Ceramic Professional Total Protection Package (~$650)
    • Paint preparation
    • Two Coats of GT Quartz Professional
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Trim-Vinyl-Plastic on all exterior vinyl, rubber and plastic services
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Glass on the front windshield and front side windows
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Rims/Wheels with rims on
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Leather or GT Quartz Textile on interior leather or fabric services
    • Seven-year protection

Hi there! We aren't in the NY area, but one thing we know is Quartz is not as hard as Ceramic coatings. It is definitely Harder than paint, which is a plus. And the price will intimately come down to the quality of work! Take a bright flashlight and inspect your paint to see if it needs correction as well, that when when you decide on a service you'll know the quality of the paint! Here's a quick video we put together on Ceramic Coatings (Particularly Ceramic Pro brand as we are a certified installer) which hopefully provides some useful info!

Reactions: Bogobec
Hello - amateur here. Wondering whether anyone has heard of something called Gliptone GT Quartz coatings? There is a place near me that is offering these 2 packages for pretty cheap (see below). I look up GT Quartz and there's not much out there -- is this a reputable coating, or at least good enough?

• GT Quartz Nano Ceramic Exterior Gloss Package (~$280)
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Select
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Glass on the front windshield
    • Two-year protection
  • GT Quartz Nano Ceramic Professional Total Protection Package (~$650)
    • Paint preparation
    • Two Coats of GT Quartz Professional
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Glass on the front windshield and front side windows
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Rims/Wheels with rims on
    • One Coat of GT Quartz Leather or GT Quartz Textile on interior leather or fabric services
    • Seven-year protection
Dis you ever do these? I’m considering option 2. Can you email me at [email protected]