Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GTA drivers, when are you switching to winter tire this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Running 21 inch turbines with summer/performance tires and 19 inch replica turbines with snows. If cost isn't a huge concern you may want to put snows on your existing rims and get a second set of larger rims and put full summer/performance/lower profile tires. It all depends what you are after though as this would decrease milage a bit for a sportier ride and sharper look.

My personal rule of thumb:

Canadian drivers should install and use winter tires from Halloween to Easter (Oct 31-April 4)

It is generally recommended to use winter tires
when the ambient temperatures are consistently at or below 7"c

When Is Best to Change To Winter Tires? | TIRECRAFT
I think for those who get the insurance discount, the requirement is to have them on from December 1 - March 1, although I think our weather is typically cold enough to put them on earlier.

To my fellow Torontonians, where do you go to get your model 3 winter tires changed. I need to purchase this year as well since it's the first winter with my M3.

If you own the winter tire package from Tesla, you can request in the app for them to come to your house and do the swap. They did mention that they only support OEM tires/wheels. If you don't, CAA also does home service. I think it's around $80-90 for the visit. Beats lugging your wheels somewhere, waiting, then lugging it back.