Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[GTA] Model 3 Winter Tires Group Buy - featuring FAST EV01+ and more!

I am 3LECTRIC

May 3, 2018
Toronto, Canada
2019 Tesla York/Durham Region Winter Tires Group Buy with Tire Connection starts today! They're offering many options for the Model 3, including the all new highly anticipated FAST EV01+ and the very popular FAST FC04. I got my winter tires through a group buy with Tire Connection last year and they offered excellent, professional service at a great price, which is why I decided to prepare this Group Buy with Raffi and his team again this year. If you are looking for something that's not a part of the Group Buy Packages, or need winter tires for your Model S/X or any other vehicle, email Raffi for a custom quote!

Please follow instructions in PDF and email Raffi to take part in this group buy. They receive a high volume of calls and it's easiest to get answers and book your appointment via email.

Tire Connection
4361 Chesswood Drive, North York (Dufferin and Finch)

I am not affiliated with Tire Connection. Just a happy customer from last year that want to help new owners with their first winter. Hope this helps!

If you're in the York/Durham Region, join our Facebook group!

Attachments

• Tire Connection Group Buy 2019.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 132

Chetanh

Jul 29, 2019
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Does anyone know what is so special about the Fast EV wheels? Just asking.
I speced out alloy wheels and X-Ice 3 at PMC tire, aero hub caps from Tesla and the total cost (including taxes, shipping, putting tires on wheels, TPMS, aero hub caps) was $2127.
Say i spend another 60 for installation, so my total is <$2200. Steelies were $200 less than this.

Is there anything special about the wheels that warrants the extra $'s? If yes, then i would love to join in the group buy.

5_+JqckQttqck

Apr 27, 2018
Toronto
Does anyone know what is so special about the Fast EV wheels? Just asking.
I speced out alloy wheels and X-Ice 3 at PMC tire, aero hub caps from Tesla and the total cost (including taxes, shipping, putting tires on wheels, TPMS, aero hub caps) was $2127.
Say i spend another 60 for installation, so my total is <$2200. Steelies were $200 less than this.

Is there anything special about the wheels that warrants the extra $'s? If yes, then i would love to join in the group buy.

Weight = efficiency which is a huge deal for EVs especially in winter driving conditions when you lose up to 50% of the battery to heating needs/comfort - depends on many variables.

Expect your regular commute to use up 1.5 to 1.6 more energy.

MrTzla

Nov 23, 2017
Hamilton, ON
I'm looking at RedFlag group buy with WheelsCo, looks pretty decent.

Any comment

I just purchased their aero replicas (which fit the aero caps) with Michelin x-ice tires. Came up to about $1,845 without the TPMS, I sourced my own from eBay instead of buying theirs for $250+ tax.

Pretty good deal I think

ben1628

Jul 1, 2018
Brampton, ON, Canada
I just purchased their aero replicas (which fit the aero caps) with Michelin x-ice tires. Came up to about $1,845 without the TPMS, I sourced my own from eBay instead of buying theirs for $250+ tax.

Pretty good deal I think

Would they install the TPMS that you brought personally? and how much?

Btw, which TPMS you get?

ben1628

Jul 1, 2018
Brampton, ON, Canada
yeah they said they’d install them, didn’t mention a charge, I assume there wouldn’t be one.

i got these:
(4) 2017 2018 2019 Tesla Model 3 TPMS TIre Pressure Sensors OEM Replacement | eBay

The problem with getting this from eBay is if they don't work, it will be a problem trying to ask them to troubleshoot or fix it. It's not their TPMS, it is not reasonable to ask them to change or fix it.

For a savings of $100, I probably won't bother. This TPMS may need to be calibrated or what have you.

toishome

Jul 4, 2018
Oakville
I am looking for wheels and tires for the winter as well and I have to say even though is good prices not sure if is "Group Buy" kinda prices. I see very similar prices on Kijiji.

• Informative
Reactions: Chetanh

Vawlkus

Feb 28, 2017
Halifax
Agree, the prices are good but i see lower prices on kijiji. PCM (or PMC) tires is also cheaper.
PMC

They only thing here: be careful when using their recommendations. My first set of tires and rims were recommended as being able to fit my model X, and they didn’t. (Wouldn’t clear the brake caliper)

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck

Zelfiris

Apr 17, 2019
Ontario
Giving this thread a bump with my experience.

Service was quick, in and out with 20 minutes. Chatted with Raffi over e-mails for 2-3 days and scheduled in an appointment for the following weekend (Nov 2).

I do have to say the PDF can be clearer and label the wheels. I chose Replika R241 (I thought it was R187) with XICE3 + TPMS.

Pricing is competitive, like the others mentioned above. It was 20 minutes drive from home for me and I was pleasantly surprised at the great service. I used to go to SimplyTire, wait an hour even though I have an appointment and come back to some damages to my wheels. (latest experience was a missing lug nut after driving off). This is the complete opposite experience. I did a 360 before leaving and everything looked good. But being honest, I did not check my aero wheels yet ( though I'm not expecting any damage either).

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC