Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[GTA] Model 3 Winter Tires Group Buy - featuring FAST EV01+ and more!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 Tesla York/Durham Region Winter Tires Group Buy with Tire Connection starts today! They're offering many options for the Model 3, including the all new highly anticipated FAST EV01+ and the very popular FAST FC04. I got my winter tires through a group buy with Tire Connection last year and they offered excellent, professional service at a great price, which is why I decided to prepare this Group Buy with Raffi and his team again this year. If you are looking for something that's not a part of the Group Buy Packages, or need winter tires for your Model S/X or any other vehicle, email Raffi for a custom quote!

Please follow instructions in PDF and email Raffi to take part in this group buy. They receive a high volume of calls and it's easiest to get answers and book your appointment via email.

Tire Connection
4361 Chesswood Drive, North York (Dufferin and Finch)

I am not affiliated with Tire Connection. Just a happy customer from last year that want to help new owners with their first winter. Hope this helps!

If you're in the York/Durham Region, join our Facebook group!

Attachments

• Tire Connection Group Buy 2019.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 219
Does anyone know what is so special about the Fast EV wheels? Just asking.
I speced out alloy wheels and X-Ice 3 at PMC tire, aero hub caps from Tesla and the total cost (including taxes, shipping, putting tires on wheels, TPMS, aero hub caps) was $2127.
Say i spend another 60 for installation, so my total is <$2200. Steelies were $200 less than this.

Is there anything special about the wheels that warrants the extra $'s? If yes, then i would love to join in the group buy.

Does anyone know what is so special about the Fast EV wheels? Just asking.
I speced out alloy wheels and X-Ice 3 at PMC tire, aero hub caps from Tesla and the total cost (including taxes, shipping, putting tires on wheels, TPMS, aero hub caps) was $2127.
Say i spend another 60 for installation, so my total is <$2200. Steelies were $200 less than this.

Is there anything special about the wheels that warrants the extra $'s? If yes, then i would love to join in the group buy.

Weight = efficiency which is a huge deal for EVs especially in winter driving conditions when you lose up to 50% of the battery to heating needs/comfort - depends on many variables.

Expect your regular commute to use up 1.5 to 1.6 more energy.

yeah they said they’d install them, didn’t mention a charge, I assume there wouldn’t be one.

i got these:
(4) 2017 2018 2019 Tesla Model 3 TPMS TIre Pressure Sensors OEM Replacement | eBay

The problem with getting this from eBay is if they don't work, it will be a problem trying to ask them to troubleshoot or fix it. It's not their TPMS, it is not reasonable to ask them to change or fix it.

For a savings of $100, I probably won't bother. This TPMS may need to be calibrated or what have you.

Giving this thread a bump with my experience.

Service was quick, in and out with 20 minutes. Chatted with Raffi over e-mails for 2-3 days and scheduled in an appointment for the following weekend (Nov 2).

I do have to say the PDF can be clearer and label the wheels. I chose Replika R241 (I thought it was R187) with XICE3 + TPMS.

Pricing is competitive, like the others mentioned above. It was 20 minutes drive from home for me and I was pleasantly surprised at the great service. I used to go to SimplyTire, wait an hour even though I have an appointment and come back to some damages to my wheels. (latest experience was a missing lug nut after driving off). This is the complete opposite experience. I did a 360 before leaving and everything looked good. But being honest, I did not check my aero wheels yet ( though I'm not expecting any damage either).

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC