Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GTA PPF Recomendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

About to take delivery of my Model Y and want to know who you guys would recommend for PPF. I’d prefer to hear from people who have dealt with the company and had the service done to their car.

Thanks in advance.

Top Geer Wraps and Inception Auto Detailing are both highly recommended.
They are also sponsors of
Tesla Owners Club – Ontario that you should consider joining. They are the official Tesla owners club

I personally wouldn’t recommend Inception Auto Detailing. There’s a few people in the tinting threads with installation issues, me being one of them. Though maybe they’re better at PPF

Smart Detail in North York and Top Geer Wraps in Vaughan.

I’ve had my PPF done at Smart Detail back in 2018 and it was flawless. Joe listened to my concerns about me not wanting to see any edges of the PPF on any panel and made sure it was to my liking. I referred several people to him afterwards after posting up the pics of the work (no incentive received on my part)

I got my chrome delete work done at Top Geer Wraps. Brooks was a pleasure to deal with and fixed any issues I pointed out without issues.

Reactions: akidesir
I personally wouldn’t recommend Inception Auto Detailing. There’s a few people in the tinting threads with installation issues, me being one of them. Though maybe they’re better at PPF

Which tinting thread are you referring to? I had my PPF, chrome delete and tinting done at inception auto. After seeing my friends car from them I wanted to do the same.

A little bit of a long story of my experience.

The side door windows were near perfect with a couple areas that bubbled out. I had my front wind shield tinted and it was messy (bubbles, water didn't complete evaporate). They ended up re-doing the front wind shield (after 6 months as they said to let the warmer weather evaporate it but, feel like they said to buy time).

They wouldn't re-do the side windows because they said it was within spec (it doesn't bother to me too much since it's hidden when the mirror is rolled up)

My PPF experience on the other hand was mediocre-good at best. I had the full car wrapped in XPEL stealth. Upon finishing it looked amazing. Then when I started taking a closer look that's when you really notice the minor imperfections.

There are little specs of dust trapped under the film in certain areas of the car. The edges on the front hood and trunk area are trimmed off not giving that full wrap effect. A piece of the front bottom grill area wrap was peeling off and not sticking. Again, not the end of the world.

When I asked them about this they told me those edges are hard to wrap and that it would be worse than if I had cut it. This is my first time getting anything like this done on a car so I took their word for it. Upon seeing other people's car and videos online I realized that isn't the case.

When I took the car in to get them to re-do the front wind shield I pointed out the problems again from above (this time it was the owner I was talking to). He acknowledged the front wind shield and again said everything else is 'within spec'.

He was great at hearing me out and took care of the front wind shield and other misc stuff. After the front wind shield was complete I went and picked it up. This was better but, the bubbles were still very noticeable on the sides of the front wind shield.

I've let them know about this problem and it's been almost a week as of this comment since I did. Nothing from him or his team yet.

All in all, this is my first time doing anything like this and for the money you spend I had this expectation of perfection.

I'm happy with the car and wanted to share my experience about inception auto. I would probably try a different vendor next time to see whether the experience is better.

Home > Evelyn Protective Films & Coatings | Markham | Toronto | GTA

Fabian did my full frontal PPF, side window tint and ceramic coating in July, 2018. Custom PPF install with wrapped edges. One piece full mirror. One piece full front bumper. Zero defects and zero issues. In reality, with all the leading products being good, the end result is really all about the installers skill set, car preparation and attention to detail.

Last edited:
Apologies for the thread-hijack but can anyone recommend a PPF/ceramic coat installer nearer to the Kitchener/Waterloo area? I've just ordered a Model 3 and would like to get this done as soon as possible after picking up the car. I'm not adverse to heading in to Toronto to get the work done but if I can find someone closer to home that would be ideal.

As a shot in the dark, does anyone have any experience getting work done at EEWaterloo?

Has anyone had any experience with It's a Wrap in Missisauga for PPF/Ceramic coating/Tinting: It's a Wrap™ - Vehicle Wrap | Paint protection | Tint - Mississauga Oakville

Yes I definitely don't recommend them

I was buying a car from a friend that they wrapped. I've had several cars wrapped properly in the past so I know what to look for.

When inspecting the car I found so many issues...bubbles, dust, peeling edges, peeling on the rockers, etc. They also removed the hood emblem to apply the film under it instead of cutting around it which is great...except that they broke the posts of the hood emblem and glue'd it back on....what's worse is that the car was wrapped <1000 Km ago and it was already peeling!

I had not yet taken delivery and my friend emailed Khaled (the owner) and told him he sold the car and that we found some issues and wanted to have them repaired under the 10 year warranty. He refused and said the warranty is non-transferrable and was void since the car was sold (which it wasn't yet).

Apologies for the thread-hijack but can anyone recommend a PPF/ceramic coat installer nearer to the Kitchener/Waterloo area? I've just ordered a Model 3 and would like to get this done as soon as possible after picking up the car. I'm not adverse to heading in to Toronto to get the work done but if I can find someone closer to home that would be ideal.

As a shot in the dark, does anyone have any experience getting work done at EEWaterloo?

Let me know if you find anyone who can vouch for these guys or others in the region

Reactions: Floger
Let me know if you find anyone who can vouch for these guys or others in the region
While EEWaterloo's quote was reasonable, I ended up booking an appointment with Dre's Detailing.

Andre's was more expensive compared to EEWaterloo but out of all of the shops in K/W I reached out to for quotes and information, he's the only one who didn't simply respond with a list of prices. Instead, he arranged a convenient time to give me a call and we had a long chat about what I was wanted and what my options were. This goes a long way with me so I've opted to give him my business even though all I have to go on at the moment are the reviews posted on Google and my various conversations with him on the phone and via text.

I drop off the car next Tuesday evening so I'll be able to offer a first-hand review of his work a few days after that.

Reactions: Vawlkus
While EEWaterloo's quote was reasonable, I ended up booking an appointment with Dre's Detailing.

Andre's was more expensive compared to EEWaterloo but out of all of the shops in K/W I reached out to for quotes and information, he's the only one who didn't simply respond with a list of prices. Instead, he arranged a convenient time to give me a call and we had a long chat about what I was wanted and what my options were. This goes a long way with me so I've opted to give him my business even though all I have to go on at the moment are the reviews posted on Google and my various conversations with him on the phone and via text.

I drop off the car next Tuesday evening so I'll be able to offer a first-hand review of his work a few days after that.

What was the quote if you don't mind sharing and how long is he going to take?