Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GTA PPF Recomendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the quote if you don't mind sharing and how long is he going to take?
The original quote was for:
* Full front (hood, fenders, mirror caps, front bumper, headlights, fog lights) + rocker panels Xpel Ultimate;
* Full Ceramic self-heal plus (Feynlabs) with lifetime warranty
All in, including taxes was a few dollars over CDN$5300

I also added on window tinting (front and rear side windows; leaving the front windscreen and the rear window alone for now) for a few hundred more.

I'm dropping the car off with them on Tuesday evening and expect to get it back sometime on the weekend or first thing Monday morning

The original quote was for:
* Full front (hood, fenders, mirror caps, front bumper, headlights, fog lights) + rocker panels Xpel Ultimate;
* Full Ceramic self-heal plus (Feynlabs) with lifetime warranty
All in, including taxes was a few dollars over CDN$5300

I also added on window tinting (front and rear side windows; leaving the front windscreen and the rear window alone for now) for a few hundred more.

I'm dropping the car off with them on Tuesday evening and expect to get it back sometime on the weekend or first thing Monday morning

:eek:
I just got a quote to do a full 100% coverage xpel ultimate plus wrap and it was less than that...from one of the most reputable shops in the GTA

The ceramic coating (was a little under half of the total quoted amount.

For reference, I received a quote for pretty much the same work from Fabian Evelyn (who, deservedly, gets rave reviews for his work here and elsewhere) and it came in at $6200 + taxes for full PPF & ceramic. His price for a full front PPF was $2200 and the ceramic coating price would be on top of that. Those prices seem right in line with what I was quote from the shop here.

I'm sure that there are plenty of places (especially in the GTA -- which is not where I live) that would come in cheaper but, while I'm paying a bit more in order to stay local than what other shops quoted me, I don't feel that I'm getting ripped off.

Others may have different opinions as is their right.

For reference, I received a quote for pretty much the same work from Fabian Evelyn (who, deservedly, gets rave reviews for his work here and elsewhere) and it came in at $6200 + taxes for full PPF & ceramic. His price for a full front PPF was $2200 and the ceramic coating price would be on top of that. Those prices seem right in line with what I was quote from the shop here.

I'm sure that there are plenty of places (especially in the GTA -- which is not where I live) that would come in cheaper but, while I'm paying a bit more in order to stay local than what other shops quoted me, I don't feel that I'm getting ripped off.

Evelyn is priced incredibly higher though so don’t use that price as a benchmark.

You could go to one of the more known shops in the GTA, book a hotel room for a couple days and enjoy a mini vaca probably for less than the price you were quoted and definitely less than Evelyn would charge.

Well I thought I’d throw an update since I just got my car back and it had to be the most painful process I’ve gone through.

Just complete lack of customer service and communication (at time straight up lies). And near the end when the relationship started to go bad the parts that were still outstanding had some flaws...

Don’t recommend the place at all.. I know they get good reviews from others, but man... avoid at all costs.
22A3E59F-814D-43F9-8967-BB773A5E50CA.jpeg
DBAF0719-AA72-4AD6-A7A9-5CD6F13AA2F2.jpeg
6A813E08-732E-4FA1-A587-EF6CACBC2FBC.jpeg
C5F00E47-8BBF-4A9B-9179-CBD1F7EB778A.jpeg

Well I thought I’d throw an update since I just got my car back and it had to be the most painful process I’ve gone through.

Just complete lack of customer service and communication (at time straight up lies). And near the end when the relationship started to go bad the parts that were still outstanding had some flaws...

Don’t recommend the place at all.. I know they get good reviews from others, but man... avoid at all costs.
View attachment 588875 View attachment 588876 View attachment 588877 View attachment 588878

Is this the local shop you eventually went to? Man..the process can be painful and I am sorry it did not work out as it should be.

Hi. Just wondering how your wrap experience went. I'm in Guelph and considering a wrap on my M3 which I've add two weeks.

Good quality comes with a little more expense I guess..but keep complaining to them. This is unacceptable quality. And true, going with Daniel might have been better for your mental health after all lol
Dude. It’s impossible to speak to this guy. You’re at their mercy cause they have your car and you just want them to do a good job... but once I pressed a bit the result is those pics I posted.
Then he refused to take final payment 10% of the total and now refuses to give me a receipt to register warranty. I’m at a loss now 5500 bucks and nothing to show for it. Working with Xpel now to see what can be done.

Dude. It’s impossible to speak to this guy. You’re at their mercy cause they have your car and you just want them to do a good job... but once I pressed a bit the result is those pics I posted.
Then he refused to take final payment 10% of the total and now refuses to give me a receipt to register warranty. I’m at a loss now 5500 bucks and nothing to show for it. Working with Xpel now to see what can be done.

Seriously?
I have never heard of them anyway..but with that kind of attitude they won't survive much longer.
At least we know we are going to avoid Evelyn. Gotta spread the words.
I hope Xpel does something for you, however, it is 100% technician's lack of skill not the material.

Hi. Just wondering how your wrap experience went. I'm in Guelph and considering a wrap on my M3 which I've add two weeks.

It went quite well. The PPF, ceramic coating and tinting was all completed to my satisfaction and there was even a follow-up appointment booked for two weeks after I picked up the car where i brought it back in and was given a thorough demonstration on how to properly wash and care for the car. All in all, I'm quite pleased with the work that was done.

Hi,

I was wondering when the one sided story was going to be posted.

What's interesting are the many things that were left out as to why our relationship went south.

1. Based on a conversation with you, after multiple calls. We offered to bring your vehicle into the shop with out an appointment. The reason for this was based on the body shop work that was completed on your vehicle. And the concern that was made that you didn't want to end up with more damage.

Communication was very clear that after the body shop work completed your vehicle would sit for 15 days before we started installing film. This approach is to allow the paint work to out gas.

Once the period was over we installed film. However we had two hiccups in the process. All of which we communicated clearly via many phone calls with yourself. We had an issue with receiving a bad batch of film. Which Xpel quickly noted and sent out a new roll. And the second issue we had was one of my own issues. I am bulk installer 90% of my work is completed by hand. The night prior to your pick up I attempted a bulk front bumper install. And the work failed, which was noted the next morning. That morning you were called and were advised of the issue.

Now this section of this write up requires back story. At the being when we washed and decontaminated the vehicle my detailer was polishing the finish and we found that your rear right door had a minor paint blister as we advised of many issues with the body shop work that was completed prior to your vehicle coming.

Fast forward my bumper install failed. And yes you pressed, you pressed not because you wanted the work done. But because you were heading out of town and had a Tesla service appointment set for the issue we found. That they advised they would fix for you.

So instead of allowing me to have another go at the front bumper, you pressed to get your vehicle so that you can have it dropped off and get your rental so you can head up north without to much back n forth. Fair enough my detailer and I got the vehicle cleaned up for you and later that day you collected the vehicle.

Yes, when taking your vehicle that was fully tinted and 80% wrapped in ppf you paid a second portion of your balance.

Fast forward your vehicle has left and gone to the body shop. I even placed pieces of tape on the vehicle for you so that when you got to Tesla they would know what needs to be done/redone.

We stayed in communication via email and even had a few phone calls.

Your vehicle returns. And it was advised before and after the vehicle arrived that with the body work that was recently/newly completed. Your vehicle will go through the out gassing period again 15 days. You agreed and had your wife drop the vehicle off after collecting it from Tesla.

Yes we were busy with previously booked in appointments and advised that due to space if you happened to come into the area you may see your vehicle outside during the day. However would be safe in the shop over night. Once we hit the day 15 mark the work began, and even before the work start date. I had an email from you demanding your vehicle one day sooner then agreed. And when I pressed back you spoke to me like we didn't previously agree on a new delivery date.

Delivery date, I will not lie I was not in a great mood with the many demands and attitude I received from you. So when I came out side and was ready to complete our transaction. I was not my approachable self.

I received lots of sarcasm from your wife to the point, it felt as though she was picking a fight. We did attempt to take payment. However thankfully my machine went offline. And at that point yes I walked away. Maybe not the professional choice. However the best choice. As you stayed quite and said nothing to clear the air. And I am not going to insult or say something wrong to a man's partner. So yes I walk off.

Now addressing the minor issues you are showing in your pictures. The first picture can be two different items. I'll address what I saw. I didn't align the headlight correctly and it's off. And the spot on the bumper could be a stone chip or an air pocket from the moisture drying.

There was a minor stretch mark on your passenger mirror. Which can happen during the install.

And the last of the photos. One was of an edge that popped. And needs to be trimmed. And another of left over adhesive that was not removed.

In conclusion I walked away and left your invoice unpaid. As it was very funny that at the end you both seemed so pissed off when during the process we spoke well, joked and had many emails. Yet your claiming you couldn't speak to me and calling me out saying I came to a point of lying.

I make no excuses I was not happy and did not take the poor attitude of you and your wife well. That I will own!

Are there some minor ppf issues that I am willing to fix. Absolutely, my work is my calling card. And will always stand by it.

I love hearing feedback from clients. However trying to paint a one sided story is not cool, however it happens.

All the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello if your still interested Stakis if you still need PPF or any help with your Tesla ill be happy to help!
Hello if your still interested Stakis if you still need PPF or any help with your Tesla ill be happy to help!

Thanks for reaching out. I’d love some info on any post install care/maintenance since I didn’t receive that. DM me you contact details and maybe we can also go over the photos I posted to see what can be done.