Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GTA PPF Recomendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Terrible to hear stories like that, I do PPF here in Montreal, not a sponsor here so can’t post about it ...and a Model 3 owner.

Not mention $5500 is no bargain. You paid all the money it should be done right.

l was able to get my warranty registered with Xpel. They were very helpful but unfortunately any install issues I have need to be looked at by another install and I’ll be out of pocket for them.

If you can offer any advise DM me.

For what it is worth PPF warranties are fairly useless, they only cover manufacturing defects, which I have yet to see happen.

People get carried away with 5yr 7yr or 10ur warranties. It is all about the install, not a big difference between all the big top end brands....and it is sacrificial by nature.

All comes down to a good installer who stands behind the work.

The Xpel warranty is against bubbling of the film, cracking of the film, discoloration and staining of the film for 10 years, insurance covers it in the event of an accident or vandalism and any quality installer should stand behind the installation. We cover it for lifetime of ownership be it a bubble left behind, edge lifted or if the film ever comes off for any reason at all. What’s not covered is a rock or other form of penetration although as you eluded to, its a sacrificial layer to protect the paint and in most circumstances the film will protect the paint be it from a rock, sandblasting or many times minor collisions or a door ding. It’s of course not impermeable though I have near 200,000 Kms on my cars and only one rock has made it through and left a small dent and tiny paint chip. This is also wirh 6 trips mid winter to and from the west coast to the east coast. There’s also a few chips in the film from larger rocks where the film was puckered and saved the paint.

I can certainly agree that it comes down to the installer and how they stand behind their work as well.

Hope this helps to clarify some common misconceptions for all.

For what it is worth PPF warranties are fairly useless, they only cover manufacturing defects, which I have yet to see happen.

People get carried away with 5yr 7yr or 10ur warranties. It is all about the install, not a big difference between all the big top end brands....and it is sacrificial by nature.

All comes down to a good installer who stands behind the work.

Reactions: Goodtohave
As a certified Xpel installer and doing this for 16 years now I can attest that issues can happen and when things get rushed and behind the 8 ball per sa issues of quality can, and do happen. I would ask to give him an opportunity to fix the issues, as the film is a semi permanent installation and he can always remove and replace the problem areas for you, do a little trim or put some edge prep on and edge not staying down.

from the pictures it only seems like a small bit of silvering which can be rectified by replacing those areas, and a small finger that should be an easy trim or may even still stick down if done recently.

I hope you two can resolve this and come to a conclusion that’s best for both involved to care for any outstanding issues.

Well I thought I’d throw an update since I just got my car back and it had to be the most painful process I’ve gone through.

Just complete lack of customer service and communication (at time straight up lies). And near the end when the relationship started to go bad the parts that were still outstanding had some flaws...

Don’t recommend the place at all.. I know they get good reviews from others, but man... avoid at all costs.
View attachment 588875 View attachment 588876 View attachment 588877 View attachment 588878

Hwy everyone, I would recommend Leons Auto Body. They are a 5 star rating Tesla certified body shop repair facility in North York. They also provide services like Ceramic Coating, Paint Protection Film, and Window Tinting. They use only the highest products on the market with brands like Ceramic Pro and Xpel. If you have any issues with your Model Y from delivery you can get your service centre to direct you to take it to Leons to get them fixed under warranty. While your car is at the bodyshop you can get it protected at the same time. Save your time doing everything at one place.

Hwy everyone, I would recommend Leons Auto Body. They are a 5 star rating Tesla certified body shop repair facility in North York. They also provide services like Ceramic Coating, Paint Protection Film, and Window Tinting. They use only the highest products on the market with brands like Ceramic Pro and Xpel. If you have any issues with your Model Y from delivery you can get your service centre to direct you to take it to Leons to get them fixed under warranty. While your car is at the bodyshop you can get it protected at the same time. Save your time doing everything at one place.
That would’ve been good to know.. My Car had to make 2 trips there.

Which tinting thread are you referring to? I had my PPF, chrome delete and tinting done at inception auto. After seeing my friends car from them I wanted to do the same.

A little bit of a long story of my experience.

The side door windows were near perfect with a couple areas that bubbled out. I had my front wind shield tinted and it was messy (bubbles, water didn't complete evaporate). They ended up re-doing the front wind shield (after 6 months as they said to let the warmer weather evaporate it but, feel like they said to buy time).

They wouldn't re-do the side windows because they said it was within spec (it doesn't bother to me too much since it's hidden when the mirror is rolled up)

My PPF experience on the other hand was mediocre-good at best. I had the full car wrapped in XPEL stealth. Upon finishing it looked amazing. Then when I started taking a closer look that's when you really notice the minor imperfections.

There are little specs of dust trapped under the film in certain areas of the car. The edges on the front hood and trunk area are trimmed off not giving that full wrap effect. A piece of the front bottom grill area wrap was peeling off and not sticking. Again, not the end of the world.

When I asked them about this they told me those edges are hard to wrap and that it would be worse than if I had cut it. This is my first time getting anything like this done on a car so I took their word for it. Upon seeing other people's car and videos online I realized that isn't the case.

When I took the car in to get them to re-do the front wind shield I pointed out the problems again from above (this time it was the owner I was talking to). He acknowledged the front wind shield and again said everything else is 'within spec'.

He was great at hearing me out and took care of the front wind shield and other misc stuff. After the front wind shield was complete I went and picked it up. This was better but, the bubbles were still very noticeable on the sides of the front wind shield.

I've let them know about this problem and it's been almost a week as of this comment since I did. Nothing from him or his team yet.

All in all, this is my first time doing anything like this and for the money you spend I had this expectation of perfection.

I'm happy with the car and wanted to share my experience about inception auto. I would probably try a different vendor next time to see whether the experience is better.

Even though this is outdated thread but thank you for sharing your experience.

I almost considered them...will spend 5K somewhere else on a full PPF.