Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GTW_w026:
I've seen other threads that include this warning code, but those seem to have multiple codes and don't really help explain this one in particular.
So I'm starting this new thread to share my current situation, and see if anyone has any new info or developments on it.

I bought my '15 MS 70D a couple months ago used from a dealership. (AP1, MCU1, original 70 battery)
When I started getting this service warning, only a week or so after buying it, I reached out to SC. They said it was related to the battery coolant heater.
But I decided to cancel the trip to SC and look on here.
I've seen other threads saying it could as simple as a loose negative post on the 12V battery. I checked that, unfortunately not it.

So I have been paying attention to when this warning pops up.
At first it seemed random because it wasn't every day. Only seemed to happen on my morning commute. (I do schedule preconditioning, garage kept)

The frequency has started to increase a bit in the last week, but I've isolated it to a particular scenario:
The warning only pops up at the end of regen braking (10 mph), and usually only from +45 mph.
This is normal, gradual braking, not full 100% regen, as I always ease off the gas to lessen the pull a bit (set to standard regen) and lengthen the braking distance.
So slowing from 45+ mph to 10 mph will cause the warning to come up. So far, that's the only time it pops up.

Does anyone know why this particular action would trigger a warning, supposedly related to the coolant heater?
Or does the SC just not know, and gives any reason so they can get the service visit scheduled?

I can try changing the regen to low just to see if it matters, but I do prefer it at standard level.

If looking pure at the fault code it means GTW_w026_ibsMia -> fault with intelligent battery sensor.

So faulty sensor or connector/wiring, since it is intermittent wiring or connector sounds plausible, did you checked that?

Screenshot_20230109_191247_Drive.jpg

If looking pure at the fault code it means GTW_w026_ibsMia -> fault with intelligent battery sensor.

So faulty sensor or connector/wiring, since it is intermittent wiring or connector sounds plausible, did you checked that?

View attachment 893937

I did not check that. Still new to the anatomy of my car.
I've watched videos and followed them to do basics like, change headlight bulbs, remove interior trim, swap the instrument cluster. Mostly surface layer stuff at this point.
But as for diving into deeper things, not there yet.
Are you aware of any videos showing how to gain access to this?