TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Guaranteed Resale Value before 36-39 month term?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by fiksegts, Nov 15, 2015.

1. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

I will be trading in my 2013 P85 with 38k miles on my founders Model X, I have guaranteed resale value through Tesla, but this will happen about 4 months before the 36-39 month guaranteed resale value timeframe.

Has anyone used their guaranteed resale value yet? before term? Since the car clearly isn't going up in value I wonder if they would still give the guaranteed resale value before or offer less?

2. Dchint

Dchint Member

God question. I was wondering similar thing. But I'm assuming guaranteed means guaranteed right?

3. brkaus

brkaus Member

Likely the trade in value is more than the guaranteed price. It looks to me like the value is set on the low side.

4. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

Ultimately what's more likely going to happen is you're going to go over the mileage limit before you ever get the Model X.

So I imagine it's going to be more a question of mileage than about the X months.

5. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

I won't hit 45k miles by then, I'm putting the miles on my P85D now.... the founders Model X will be the first ones out the door in the next couple months...

6. Bob R

Bob R Member

Greetings,

I turned my 2013 P85+ in 7 months early. My guarenteed value at 36 months was ~$54k they gave me $59.9k and I needed all new tires. My P85D should be here in December.

-Bob