Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guerilla car wash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I walk the dog every morning and really like the color of this guy's car who parks in my neighborhood and takes the metro to work in San Francisco (not so much the car but the color is great). I finally ran into him and we had a nice chat about the car, the color etc.... We bumped elbows and we went our separate ways. Now I see his car parked here every weekday. Today it was dirty. I just finished washing and waxing my car and it looks great. I wondered.... what if i washed and waxed his car while he was at work and he came back and saw this. Would he be pleased? Pissed? is it a bad idea? What do you think?

I walk the dog every morning and really like the color of this guy's car who parks in my neighborhood and takes the metro to work in San Francisco (not so much the car but the color is great). I finally ran into him and we had a nice chat about the car, the color etc.... We bumped elbows and we went our separate ways. Now I see his car parked here every weekday. Today it was dirty. I just finished washing and waxing my car and it looks great. I wondered.... what if i washed and waxed his car while he was at work and he came back and saw this. Would he be pleased? Pissed? is it a bad idea? What do you think?

You would probably set off the alarm, and / or Sentry mode, first of all. I certainly dont know about the person you met, but if this were me, I would not be happy with a stranger washing my car.

If you were friends, and exchanged information, and asked him first, thats one thing. Un asked? no.....

Reactions: cgell and swaltner
I love washing my car and I am very careful about the washing process. I go through a ton of extra steps that most would not. If someone washed my car I wouldn’t be happy. Same with the lawn. I love mowing. I had a neighbor try to be nice by mowing my lawn one time… scalped the nice striped lawn practically down to the dirt in the middle of summer. I get that the intention was probably good, but it felt more invasive than helpful. I would ask first or just not do it.