Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guess what... Late Delivery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was told I was going to have a late August delivery. My first delivery date they gave me was the 15th. The "Logistical Issues" pushed me to the 20th. I just got a call less than 17 hours before I am about to take delivery telling me the car isn't there and now I am looking at the 24th. Unbelievable..... They said the truck carrying my car had to pull over due to heavy rain. How does that delay it 5 days???

Was told I was going to have a late August delivery. My first delivery date they gave me was the 15th. The "Logistical Issues" pushed me to the 20th. I just got a call less than 17 hours before I am about to take delivery telling me the car isn't there and now I am looking at the 24th. Unbelievable..... They said the truck carrying my car had to pull over due to heavy rain. How does that delay it 5 days???

At least you're being kept in the loop... Wish I could say the same thing...

I'm sure it wasn't all due to just "heavy rain" but there can be collateral damage that comes out of that when it comes to trucking delays....

Jeff

A truck missing a delivery date and then causing a bigger delay can easily be justified as a classic distribution issue. The cars may not be going directly from Fremont to you. They are probably picking a few different solutions and the final delivery trucks to Orlando may only run once a week. You miss one week, you then have to wait for the next

Congrats with the promised delivery, just be ready to put on that grin!