Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guess who just got pulled over??? This loser!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No front plate gives an officer an excuse to pull you over. What if you had a couple but not driving erratically? You get pulled over for no front plate, officer smells booze on your breath. If you end up blowing .08 in California, you are spending the night in the drunk tank and it will cost you 15k (so I hear). If you are under, you have been seriously delayed to your destination.

Some agencies look for any excuse to pull you over, don't give them one. I put all the plates all of my cars, I don't want the headache.

Makes it (slightly) easier to track down a delinquint driver. Only slightly, but non-zero.
Where that benefits you is that it keeps the roads (slightly) safer for you, the model motorist.
Yep.

https://www.cars.com/articles/2013/10/how-many-states-require-front-license-plates/ and Front license plates: Are they really necessary? outline some of the reasons why and/or benefits of required front plates.

Also, in the event of an accident, sometimes the front plate falls of a hit and run car and is left at the scene. And, if some rear-ends you, sometimes, the plate can leave an impression in your front bumper, which can be more evidence, esp. in a hit and run. And, there's a better chance someone can catch the plate # of a hit and run driver or other criminal.

Once I've received my plates and installed them, I've thought twice about not installing the front plate, not wanting the bracket there, etc.

Yep.

https://www.cars.com/articles/2013/10/how-many-states-require-front-license-plates/ and Front license plates: Are they really necessary? outline some of the reasons why and/or benefits of required front plates.

Also, in the event of an accident, sometimes the front plate falls of a hit and run car and is left at the scene. And, if some rear-ends you, sometimes, the plate can leave an impression in your front bumper, which can be more evidence, esp. in a hit and run. And, there's a better chance someone can catch the plate # of a hit and run driver or other criminal.

Once I've received my plates and installed them, I've thought twice about not installing the front plate, not wanting the bracket there, etc.

And because some idiot used steel bolts with sharp edges on them to mount the front plate, my rear bumper cover a couple cars back got cut up by what otherwise would have been a no damage rear-ending. :(

No front plate gives an officer an excuse to pull you over. What if you had a couple but not driving erratically? You get pulled over for no front plate, officer smells booze on your breath. If you end up blowing .08 in California, you are spending the night in the drunk tank and it will cost you 15k (so I hear). If you are under, you have been seriously delayed to your destination.

Some agencies look for any excuse to pull you over, don't give them one. I put all the plates all of my cars, I don't want the headache.
You should never drive after you have "had a couple", front plates or not!