Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guess who supervised the group appliqué installation last Sunday at delanman's house

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This photo tells the whole story. Every time we turned around he was watching our work -- it was weird. That's me and Jurgen

Applique with Elon.jpg

Last edited:
Actually he was surprisingly stoic. Very much out of character:) Maybe it was because so many of us insisted on a photo standing beside him.

Lanny
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.24.00 PM.jpg

David
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.25.06 PM.jpg

Sunny
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.24.54 PM.jpg

Demetrius
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.24.41 PM.jpg

Ken
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.24.28 PM.jpg

Working under EM's supervision was a great motivator. Even Aaron got into the act, probably the first time he's ever laid a tool on his car:)

Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.47.50 PM.jpg

Bill was the workhorse of the install -- we couldn't have done it without him.\

Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.47.23 PM.jpg

John (delanman) assisting Sunny and Demetrius, who did 90 percent of the work reinstalling all of the trim pieces.

Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.45.20 PM.jpg

John and his wife Maryellen hosted the event at their home in Delaware.

Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.44.56 PM.jpg

All photos are courtesy of John and Maryellen. John has become the photographer of Tesla events.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.43.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 1.43.13 PM.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:
Yes SIR Elon...didn't know you were watching sorry.......

I had a great day seeing some old friends and making new. Can hardly wait for Rick to complete testing of the next mod, helicopter blades deployed from the pano roof for traffic avoidance. Hope I didn't spoil the surprise Rick.

I think we had an awsome team, so who is ready to join me in opening the FIRST Tesla repair and modification facility. Yes modification, a little fun mixed in with the work....sorry Elon.

I LOVE this car, makes me young again, and the Tesla owners I have met are just teriffic people I enjoy being in their company. Thank you Rick Hesel for pulling together these fun and inventive modifications. I can hardly wait for the next.

Shout out to the A team. Just a Great day.

Last edited:
Not sure if Elon was a major motivator but John and Rick ate the sandwiches in 30secs while splicing wires and not missing a beat. Maybe it was their tenacious work ethic or the spirit of Elon resonating to Prioritize, Make History, and Either Commit or Don't. He runs a tight ship but we all had a blast! Good times and great people!!

You you are all insane ROFLMAO.

Actually he was surprisingly stoic. Very much out of character:) Maybe it was because so many of us insisted on a photo standing beside him.

Lanny
View attachment 83961
David
View attachment 83962
Sunny
View attachment 83963
Demetrius
View attachment 83964
Ken
View attachment 83965

Working under EM's supervision was a great motivator. Even Aaron got into the act, probably the first time he's ever laid a tool on his car:)

View attachment 83969

Bill was the workhorse of the install -- we couldn't have done it without him.\

View attachment 83970

John (delanman) assisting Sunny and Demetrius, who did 90 percent of the work reinstalling all of the trim pieces.

View attachment 83971

John and his wife Maryellen hosted the event at their home in Delaware.

View attachment 83972

All photos are courtesy of John and Maryellen. John has become the photographer of Tesla events.

John

Those picture are GREAT! I especially love the captions you put under Denny's pictures ;-)

I've learned 2 important things from this photo journal, however:

1. I need to loose some weight! (already started)
2. I sure am going bald on the back of my head! :crying:

Looking forward to the next gathering/group install!

Aaron

John

Those picture are GREAT! I especially love the captions you put under Denny's pictures ;-)

I've learned 2 important things from this photo journal, however:

1. I need to loose some weight! (already started)
2. I sure am going bald on the back of my head! :crying:

Looking forward to the next gathering/group install!

Aaron

I'm in the same boat Aaron! Back on my diet today. Not much I can do about the hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the pictures John and posting them here Rick.

It was a great day, glad I could be a part of it and TRIED to stay out of the way of everyone who did most of the work.

We had a lot of fun hosting the group. Great friends - glad you and Gary could be here but we missed Andrea, our world traveler!

BTW - Had to tear into the trunk panels today. The right turn signal wire pulled loose from the vampire tap when the panel was replaced. Easy fix. Once you know the tricks used to hold the plastic and moulded felt pieces in, it gets easier to remove and replace.