Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So those of that are current owners & stood in line already got thier "token of appreciations" it looks like now that the big event has passed.
I don't know, when he started talking about people waiting in line and how much they meant to the company, I thought he was going to announce something. In hindsight, it seemed like the right move not to boast about something only a fraction of reservation holders would get. You could tell the appreciation he felt for the line waiters was genuine, so I wouldn't be shocked if there is quietly a few goodies thrown our way yet.

I think best case scenario it'll be either free paint upgrade or $1000 off the wheel upgrade. Paint cost Tesla next to nothing, and paying $500 for the wheel upgrade is probably pretty close their cost anyways. That way, they're not out any "real" money.

I think best case scenario it'll be either free paint upgrade or $1000 off the wheel upgrade. Paint cost Tesla next to nothing, and paying $500 for the wheel upgrade is probably pretty close their cost anyways. That way, they're not out any "real" money.

Its not going to be anything. Nothing at all. The only thing Elon said last night is "Thank You" to those who lined up all night ( some in the rain).

That's it. That's all we are going to get.

Elon Musk has stood on a stage and thanked you for standing in line. He's choked up about how much it meant to him to see so many customers in line on 3/31. It wildly exceeded his expectations. In addition to being thanked by Elon, people have received a drawing suitable for framing. Will there be something more? Maybe. Maybe not.

But dear god, each time I stumble into one of these threads, I see people thinking they deserve free battery upgrades, special paint, and so on. You're among an elite group of customers receiving early production. I know that as a Roadster owner, when Elon thanks us for being there from the beginning, it feels great. Nothing else needs to be given, other than that sincere thanks. And the joy of driving a Tesla all these years.

I don't get why everyone is so wound up over this.

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 8.29.43 PM.png

Elon Musk has stood on a stage and thanked you for standing in line. He's choked up about how much it meant to him to see so many customers in line on 3/31. It wildly exceeded his expectations. In addition to being thanked by Elon, people have received a drawing suitable for framing. Will there be something more? Maybe. Maybe not.

But dear god, each time I stumble into one of these threads, I see people thinking they deserve free battery upgrades, special paint, and so on. You're among an elite group of customers receiving early production. I know that as a Roadster owner, when Elon thanks us for being there from the beginning, it feels great. Nothing else needs to be given, other than that sincere thanks. And the joy of driving a Tesla all these years.

I don't get why everyone is so wound up over this.

No, No.

That's not fair. I (we) wouldn't have expected anything at all EXCEPT that Elon stated that there was something special for those who waited in line on 3.31

Lets not state something that isn't true.

Elon's statement is what I was ( used to be ) depending on. Not my own expectations.

Be accurate.

kAODKU+

No, No.

That's not fair. I (we) wouldn't have expected anything at all EXCEPT that Elon stated that there was something special for those who waited in line on 3.31

Lets not state something that isn't true.

Elon's statement is what I was ( used to be ) depending on. Not my own expectations.

Be accurate.
Yes, let's be accurate.

Where did I say what you're implying? Please show me.