Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's an interesting idea. If they shape the rollout correctly and that was their goal then it's very possible. One argument against this is that it would only affect US Tesla owners.
once Tesla sells their 200,000 USA sold car, the next six moths or so (depending on when the 200,000 is sold) should only be US orders. That will maximize the amount of people who get the credit even after 200,000 cars have been sold.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
It'd be extremely interesting if it was a car option. Technically a software option like autopilot wouldn't cost anything versus a customer who doesn't order it, but that seems like quite a big gift.

Access to an additional/special color similar to what signature red had would be pretty awesome, though.

Reactions: RIZE and Seesaw
It won't be anything huge like free autopilot. I'd like either a 1/16 scale model of the car or a coffee mug!

(I'm a little biased because I have collections of both those things...)
I got a free coffee mug, and umbrella, pen, pin, and 2 tesla key fob cases when I took delivery of my Model S this past weekend. I heard some other lucky owners got more like jackets and shirts. Pass on the coffee mug but I would love to get a 1/16 scale Tesla Model 3 or S toy.

I got a bottle of water and a Tesla T-shirt in a swag bag. I also got to spend a few hours hanging out with some cool people in the queue, talking about Tesla and the coming EVolution. #priceless

As for the 'token'. I reckon it will be some Model 三 branded merchandise. Something small, and in the post.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 8.53.37 PM.png
The "3" t-shirt these staffers are wearing at the unveil event tonight:

it's going to be a calendar with many pics of the model 3, and S, X, and Roadster cameos. at some point in 2017, they will mail it out after they decide whether to make it a 2018 calendar, or whether a 2019 calendar would be more prudent.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler