Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
meh - covers are for garage queens and play cars - this will be my day to day family car.
Would be fun to stick a pile of cardboard boxes underneath and leave it under the carport just to make the neighbors think we have more cars. Probably better doing that with a Bugatti logo on the outside though :)

Or a Ferrari logo. The Ferrari logo would probably be better recognized.

• Funny
Reactions: Kacey Green
meh - covers are for garage queens and play cars - this will be my day to day family car.
Would be fun to stick a pile of cardboard boxes underneath and leave it under the carport just to make the neighbors think we have more cars.
Neighbors walking by your carport: "The Tesla Model 3 seems a lot more boxy in person than it does in photos."

True. But then it easier to purchase some more hardware options when you get the car knowing that it will not be more expensive to get the autopilot or fsd later when you have saved up some more money. So this *might* actually give them more profit in the long run...

I don't think it likely that they would want to be seen as sort of discouraging their early adopters from buying the flagship Tesla tech.

Not really expecting anything as a first day online reservation holder but how about this:

90 day free trial of EAP with no extra fee to upgrade to EAP during the trial period. This won't cost Tesla much if anything at all and may net them a bunch of EAP upgrades that may otherwise have not happened. The buyers get to experience EAP without risk for a reasonable time and then can upgrade without an additional $1000 or whatever the fee would be. I think this is a win-win.

Reactions: JBare
Not really expecting anything as a first day online reservation holder but how about this:

90 day free trial of EAP with no extra fee to upgrade to EAP during the trial period. This won't cost Tesla much if anything at all and may net them a bunch of EAP upgrades that may otherwise have not happened. The buyers get to experience EAP without risk for a reasonable time and then can upgrade without an additional $1000 or whatever the fee would be. I think this is a win-win.

Tesla has already offered a 30 day EAP test drive to early Model S owners :cool: