Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think matchbox cars are special. Maybe I'm a man of simple tastes. I also always wished I had a matchbox car of my old 85 Supra. It wasn't exactly iconic enough to make model car versions of, but having a diecast version of it now would definitely have sentimental value. I am positive if I had one, it would still be on my desk to this day. So yeah, maybe different people have different definitions for what is special to them.

Ha, everytime I'm at a Target or toystore with the kids I manage to swing by the matchbox isle to look out for a Tesla. So far no 3 or X but I do have a white/black/silver model S that my kids like playing with. I keep an eye out for my first car ('86 maxima) but I don't think that'll ever happen

People are complaining because they had hopes for signature red or free supercharging. While it would've been nice, it is an unreasonable "prize" simply for waiting in line. I wait in a line every day for my lunch (sometimes up to 30 minutes) and I don't receive anything special.

Free supercharging was a crazy dream, although not unfathomable. They could have easily just said you get an extra 100kWh free on top of what comes with the car.

As for the Sig Red option, I just wanted the option to choose it, I'd be willing to pay for it. I'm sure enough others would have also to make that run an option in the paint shop. Again, not free of charge, but what are fancy paint options on the 3? $1,000? I'd pay that for Sig Red.

Reactions: coconutboy84
An extra 100kWh of free Supercharging? The Model 3 doesn't come with any free Supercharging.
You are correct, I was thinking Model S & X for some reason...

But still, they could have offered some level of free supercharging on the 3 at very little cost to them.. Not saying that's what I wanted, but others suggested it, and it is feasible.

I was happy with the little drawing we got honestly...

Reactions: C141medic
I think matchbox cars are special. Maybe I'm a man of simple tastes. I also always wished I had a matchbox car of my old 85 Supra. It wasn't exactly iconic enough to make model car versions of, but having a diecast version of it now would definitely have sentimental value. I am positive if I had one, it would still be on my desk to this day. So yeah, maybe different people have different definitions for what is special to them.

Agreed, would love to have some of my earlier cars. I do of my current, though none are the right color, as well as a few Tesla Hot Wheels and a Matchbox:
IMG_9746.jpg

I like it. However the guy on the Tesla Model 3 group on Facebook took delivery of a midnight silver Model 3 and got a red diecast model. Was hoping that they'd have them matched to your color car. It's possible that they may all be red.

I like it. However the guy on the Tesla Model 3 group on Facebook took delivery of a midnight silver Model 3 and got a red diecast model. Was hoping that they'd have them matched to your color car. It's possible that they may all be red.
That’s my car! I’m sorry if Elon messed up and gives everyone else my choices too.

First production diecast models only come in upgraded multicoat red with premium wheels. Other colors and aero wheels will be available mid 2019. :p

Now it comes down to who gets the die-cast car......

Line-waiters
or Pre-reveal online and in store orders
or ALL Day 1 reservations.

I fall in to that 2nd group, so obviously hoping for "Pre-reveal" orders, since I ordered online prior to the event starting.

I think "in-store orders" can be their own category as well. There could be a line in the morning and then a drop-off by the afternoon. To determine lines, they would need to track orders by clusters - which leads me to believe that line-waiters will just include everyone who ordered at a physical store.